NHS is critical

big_cod

It is the patients .no patients no problem.

A great deal is deliberate bed blocking ,my sister has badly broken her ankle ,she lives 300 yards from hospital.

She could not be released without a home assesment (shes 58 not 98) that took a week ,she was not allowed out even by taxi she had to be collected ,her 22 year old daughted cannot drive ,i have no licence so my brother had to come over from bristol to collect her then satisfy the assesment person she was collected and delivered to her home and would be cared for by her daughter.

When my mrs was having her knees replaced one complete ward was full of frustrated but now mobile grannies being refused to go home because they lived alone .

The trouble is when the media pick up on some grannie dumped at home then left to fend for herself and failing the system turns 360 degrees and tries to not make the same mistake so beds get blocked because they are afraid to let out people because in rare cases its to early (and they need readmitting) or the person gets into difficulty and the local newspaper blames those in control.the council refuse point blank to help as "medical care" cannot be charged for so it comes out of their budget instead of the hospitals .

Theres also 6 million odd newcomers needing help so both hospitals ,housing and gps are stretched.

I for one would introduce triage ,accident and emergency should be for just that anyone with a non emergency turning up should be billed for wasting time then shown the door

Managers also need firing for wasting money ,we visit farnham hospital most weeks and theres a 50" tv with a dedicated computer fixed to a wall doing nothing and why do office persons need 3 24" inch monitors when one will do ,dontt get me on fricking "art" when farnham was built it had a huge blue arch bit of "art" that was pulled down and 3 huge mirrored balls do nothing but sit in a flower bed ,its time money was spent on patients not a nice homey hospital whos heating is on 365 days a year

I had an apointment at aldershot center for health ,i asked at the reception (3 people apparently doing something)where to go for my exam and told them my name ,oh we dont have that information i was told !! Ok i said where can i ask? Try the outpatients reception downstairs ,why two receptions ? I waited an hour and a half drinking a ltr of water and had to ask why i hadnt been seen (before i peed myself) oh she said have you signed in via the machine (i had) one person took me through a door where i went to another reception and joined another queue ,your very late she said .i kept quiet or there would have been violence !

Whilst on immigration and the extra space needed to cater for them whilst there i noted half the seats were taken by nepalese ,strange lot one gets called in and five go in with them ,not just there same at frimley where they appear to congregate do little but walk about then get on the bus back to aldershot

Its easy to blame the government they supply the mlney but its spent by hospital managers ,as with all money if its just wasted and the managers dont get punished then it will be wasted,after all its not their money just tax payers

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The sad fact is that the NHS is not fit for purpose and has not been for many years.

It is a 1940s concept designed for 1940s problems and it needs to be completely changed and yes, that would include a degree of privatisation and it will cost the individual more than it does at present.

Until that happens successive governments will just keep throwing money at it and patching it here and there whilst what it really needs is live saving radical surgery

• Like 2

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Threats by mrs may to reduce funding surely won't make sense sounds she sounds like she is dealing with the NUM in reality she isn't and her stance could seriously damage her the majority of the public look at the NHS very seriously .

Doctors have hit back saying she is trying to use doctors as a scapegoat when in reality it's all of the governments own making .

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/14/theresa-may-orders-gps-to-open-surgeries-seven-days-a-week-or-lose-funding-6380788/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Poppycock, Teressa May and her Health Secretary, Jeremey Hunt say its running like clockwork, Theyt are the people who know the truth, not the frontline doctors, nurses, ambulance crews, paramedics.

:schmoll::rolleyes:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

BC

Do you think any of this is new? It was like this in the 1960s when I started working in the NHS. Shortage of staff, low wages and poor morale. Over worked and underpaid. Difficulties in recruiting staff and high levels of foreign staff, many who had English language problems.

it is not the fault of the present government, much as you would like it to be. No Government of any colour has made any significant difference. I was just as bad under Labour. I worked in the NHS under Labour and watched wards being closed because they couldn't afford nurses salaries to man them. I was involved in setting budgets for my ward and was told to make sure that I overspent because otherwise we would get less the following year. The NHS is inefficient and the waste is truly unbelievable but no individual feels responsible for it.

The UK has one of the lowest per capita spends on health in the western world and to get a health service that works more money will need to be spent but on things that really matter, not on propping up an institution that is unsustainable in its present form.

Nurse training has been shown to be unfit for purpose. In the NHS two people a day die from starvation and dehydration, or to put it another way, neglect. Nurses are not trained to look after sick people properly.The BMA used to be a professional organisation that represented Drs but is now a highly politicised union, hence the disgusting strikes by the Junior Doctors. Something that would never have happened just a few years ago.

GPs get more and more for doing less and less. France has a similar population to the UK but getting on for twice as many Doctors. A GP in France probably earns around half of a British GP under the NHS. In France they are in competition with other GPs so have to offer a better service. I could see my GP 6 days a week without an appointment.

The NHS has to change but it will be a brave government who takes it on. Meanwhile the rot continues.

• Like 4

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Poppycock, Teressa May and her Health Secretary, Jeremey Hunt say its running like clockwork, Theyt are the people who know the truth, not the frontline doctors, nurses, ambulance crews, paramedics.

:schmoll::rolleyes:

Can you believe the statement she has put out from no 10! blaming GPs incredible and who will the public. Believe . Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

bad news for your nhs assumption big cod, looks like your shot down in flames according to this one and the poll has been carried out by the Robert maxwell:

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/voters-believe-nhs-better-off-under-conservatives-than-labour-poll-reveals-11364136692035#disqus_thread

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

BC

Do you think any of this is new? It was like this in the 1960s when I started working in the NHS. Shortage of staff, low wages and poor morale. Over worked and underpaid. Difficulties in recruiting staff and high levels of foreign staff, many who had English language problems.

it is not the fault of the present government, much as you would like it to be. No Government of any colour has made any significant difference. I was just as bad under Labour. I worked in the NHS under Labour and watched wards being closed because they couldn't afford nurses salaries to man them. I was involved in setting budgets for my ward and was told to make sure that I overspent because otherwise we would get less the following year. The NHS is inefficient and the waste is truly unbelievable but no individual feels responsible for it.

The UK has one of the lowest per capita spends on health in the western world and to get a health service that works more money will need to be spent but on things that really matter, not on propping up an institution that is unsustainable in its present form.

Nurse training has been shown to be unfit for purpose. In the NHS two people a day die from starvation and dehydration, or to put it another way, neglect. Nurses are not trained to look after sick people properly.The BMA used to be a professional organisation that represented Drs but is now a highly politicised union, hence the disgusting strikes by the Junior Doctors. Something that would never have happened just a few years ago.

GPs get more and more for doing less and less. France has a similar population to the UK but getting on for twice as many Doctors. A GP in France probably earns around half of a British GP under the NHS. In France they are in competition with other GPs so have to offer a better service. I could see my GP 6 days a week without an appointment.

The NHS has to change but it will be a brave government who takes it on. Meanwhile the rot continues.

Absolutely, always been in dire straits, always up against it and has been dying for many, many years now.

So how does it keep going? Apart from the many dedicated professionals who do a superb job (everyone kind of agrees on that) how on earth does it keep surviving year after year?

Surely something in this huge organisation must work? How on earth does it cure and send home so many people?

I don't know the answers to any or all of the above, but it would be good to see a post somewhere (it's not only AN where NHS gets stick, Facebook is awash with sh*t about it) that actually praises what they achieve. It does actually do a lot of what it's designed to do (is that a surprise?) so deserves a bit of credit - doesn't it?

• Like 1

Our chief weapon is surprise

I have had the displeasure of being under the knife a few times in the past 2 years, i can only praise the surgeons, ward staff, theatre staff, always had my appointments on time, not once was any of my major appointments canceled, nor any of the procedures. I think three of my follow up after care apointments were rescheduled. since 2014, albeit the appointments were running behind, but hey ho why moan about an half hour or so !

Into my third year now, another 3 follow up appointments this year, AND i have every confidence they will be on time.

God bless the NHS AND ITS OVER WORKED UNDERPAID STAFF

• Like 2

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”