NHS is critical

big_cod

Sorry to disillusion you but the dedicated professionals doing a superb job are thinner on the ground than you might think. Some are very good, most are adequate and unfortunately some are basically incompetent, just as in any other setting or organisation.

I was a senior nurse and a nurse educator and I know what standards should be attained. All too often it doesn't happen.

I have many many personal experiences and the experiences of family and friends of sub standard treatment in NHS hospitals to accept that ALL of the staff are wonderful.

The second rate treatment I received in the UK was one of the reasons I originally moved to France.

Some patients get better because of the treatment they receive, many get better despite the treatment they receive and some fail to get better because of the treatment they receive. That is a fact. Remember MRSA ? Caused by nurses who couldn't be arsed to wash their hands properly. The vast majority of people wouldn't know if their treatment was sub standard, they are just grateful for what they get, but often it could AND SHOULD be better.

A personal experience.

In 2009 I suffered a fall and sustained a fracture to C6 in my neck. I was attended by a Paramedic and two medical technicians. All three of them would have failed a first aid course due to lack of knowledge and ability. We will put that down to survival despite treatment. I was strapped to a long spinal board. Standard practice and a basic skill. Spinal boards have dangers in use and NICE recommendations are that a patient should not be on one for more than 45 minutes. I was on it for just shy of 5 hours.

My accident occurred at around 3 PM. I was finally admitted to a ward at midnight. During that time the only pain relief I was offered was two Paracetomol. The collar that I was fitted with that night was badly sized and wrongly fitted, none of the nurses on a neurosurgical ward knew how to fit one. I spent quite a long time without being able to use my arms or hands adequately. During that time I had to beg to get washed or cleaned and for help to get fed. During that whole time I was never given a proper bed bath because none of the trained nurses knew how to do it properly. I might add that none of the other patients did either.

When the fracture had healed I had to have some very delicate surgery on my cervical spine, with implants inserted by one of the superb staff, an Egyptian Neurosurgeon. When I was discharged the Consultant surgeon told me that I would have to see him in 3 weeks to ensure that the implants hadn't moved. When I got the appointment it was for 4 months later. I phoned the out patient dept and explained to them that I had to see the surgeon in three weeks at his express request. The appointments clerk informed me that the Consultant did not make appointments, she did and I could take it or leave it. I left it and moved to France instead.

You can believe this or not as the mood takes you, TBH I couldn't give a rat's, in fact it is a very short version, there were many other poor aspects.

I was very happy and proud to be a nurse and would do it all again but I would not want to do it in the NHS again.

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

bad news for your nhs assumption big cod, looks like your shot down in flames according to this one and the poll has been carried out by the Robert maxwell:

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/voters-believe-nhs-better-off-under-conservatives-than-labour-poll-reveals-11364136692035#disqus_thread

No barry we are both shot down in flames I couldn't care who is in power just hope Barry if god forbid you suddenly don't end up at hospital and you could end up on trolley no winners here matey only losers.

Barry Corbin isn't in power the tories are in power not labour stop trying to change the goalposts .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

big_cod, on 15 Jan 2017 - 10:19, said:

No barry we are both shot down in flames I couldn't care who is in power just hope Barry if god forbid you suddenly end up at hospital and you could end up on trolley no winners here matey only losers.

surely your not agreeing that labours involvement with the nhs is as much pants as the conservatives? Do you have faith in corbyn where his mantra to go for mays job is to save the broken nhs, do you really believe he can do some good?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Long live the NHS,

Get a government who can run it and all will be soon happy.

Edited by Andrew
  • Like 1

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Long live the NHS,

Get a government who can run it and all will be soon happy.

The government run very little they just fund it so blame the overpaid bastards that are at the top of the hospitals and go downwards not upwards

I have little problem with the local NHS but you have to make sure you get what you want not what they want ,the office staff can be lazy or ignorent IE one letter we had told us the only place my mrs could have a scan was in chertsey,i phoned up the person dealing with it and insisted she had had one somewhere and it certainly wasnt there was it frimley or the royal surrey ?she said chertsey was the ONLY place and do you want to go or not .

I told her i would phone back to confirm .later that day i got down her old NHS paperwork (all safely vacuumed sealed in the loft) and we eventually found where her scan had been 5 years before (never throw important paperwork away) it was done in the royal surrey ,i phoned back and told her and she glumley said oh yes they have a scanner and the appointment was made.

Last tuesday i had an apointment at aldershot that couldn't be done until i told them it could .

So in essence its all OK but you have to be a bit forcefull and the system is for your benefit its not for them to have an easy life pushing you onto someone elses waiting list

My mrs is having her left wrist fixed in the afternoon ,the person doing the appointments said the consultant ONLY works in the morning (we cannot get to frimly until 9.30 and they insisted we got there by 8am ,we told the consultant and he said he does work one afternoon a week ,we told the appointment person and now its 1pm strange that!

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

surely your not agreeing that labours involvement with the nhs is as much pants as the conservatives? Do you have faith in corbyn where his mantra to go for mays job is to save the broken nhs, do you really believe he can do some good?

Can he do worse !!!!!!!

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Can he do worse !!!!!!!

Labour and their public finance hospital shenanigans got us in the bother we are now !

Buy now pay later looks good on paper but in this case its pay ten times back later (now) and had contracts for maintenance that cost a hundred times what it should and would cost billions to break

Introduced by the tories but taken to a great height by the redshttp://www.independent.co.uk/money/loans-credit/crippling-pfi-deals-leave-britain-222bn-in-debt-10170214.html

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

unfortunately his hands are tied b c, it's all very well saying he's going to do this and do that. The reality is blair and brown have already done it, brown sold the gold at a record low, he ring fenced 1% of nicc payment for the nhs, although there is talk of doing the same this week. don't forget the stolen 5 billion per year out of the private pension funds, what can corbychops do? pfi? your grand kids are already in hock with that one.

A snippet from chesters link tells it all:

A case in point is Britain’s biggest health trust, Barts Health NHS Trust in London, which was placed in special measures last month. It is £93m in debt – struggling under the weight of a 43-year PFI contract under which it will pay back more than £7bn on contracts valued at a fraction of that sum (£1.1bn).

Edited by barry luxton
  • Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The problems with the NHS have a lot less to do with politics and much more to do with the institution itself.

I suppose it is just easier to blame this or that political party. Saves thinking.

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/