Pike fishing in cold weather

The Flying Tench

Ive started twitching my deadbaits in too Tigger. was packing up for the night after a very productive days piking years ago and as soon as i picked up the rod and moved the bait about an inch it got smacked :D

sods law though cause its never happened again since, but I still twitch in.

Andy, I often twitch my bait back even when fishing for tench etc and it very often induces a bite :).

I always sink and draw ,it stops your reel seizing up in the frost ,strangely i have always had better results on sea baits than freshwater dead baits ,(going against the grain) i think freshwater baits will smell like the water they came from so perhaps in my waters a salty smell has a hint of allure

Never had luck with those thin herringy ones but sardines have always worked

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I always sink and draw ,it stops your reel seizing up in the frost ,strangely i have always had better results on sea baits than freshwater dead baits ,(going against the grain) i think freshwater baits will smell like the water they came from so perhaps in my waters a salty smell has a hint of allure

Never had luck with those thin herringy ones but sardines have always worked

"Salty smell has a hint of allure" -You mean like the smell of P*** & Biscuits, which will come to all of us in time :crazy:

A sobering thought!!

A thought indeed not lost by our family - my 90 years young Mum now lives in a home, she suffers from dementia/Alzheimer's.

She knows who I am, but struggles with others names & it breaks my heart.

Apart from that, she's as fit as a lop :bigemo_harabe_net-193: (well for 90)

I think it's healthy to try to make light of old age - It is a fact of Life!! (P*** & Biscuits and all)

PS - The home is absolutely wonderful & she has the very best of care - one knows there is not a show put on just for the visitors. :clap:

Yes, my brother & I had a bit of a guilt trip, & the final decision was hard but the reasoning made it very easy in the end.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

"Salty smell has a hint of allure" -You mean like the smell of P*** & Biscuits, which will come to all of us in time :crazy:

A sobering thought!!

A thought indeed not lost by our family - my 90 years young Mum now lives in a home, she suffers from dementia/Alzheimer's.

She knows who I am, but struggles with others names & it breaks my heart.

Apart from that, she's as fit as a lop :bigemo_harabe_net-193: (well for 90)

I think it's healthy to try to make light of old age - It is a fact of Life!! (P*** & Biscuits and all)

PS - The home is absolutely wonderful & she has the very best of care - one knows there is not a show put on just for the visitors. :clap:

Yes, my brother & I had a bit of a guilt trip, & the final decision was hard but the reasoning made it very easy in the end.

Its not all lost this heart warming vid shows its possible to trigger the old folk back for a while

Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IM9HExtnhY

Not sure why my post brought on dementia (perhaps i forgot) its a nasty problem the old guy two doors away was put in hospital by his mrs ,in the end the poor guy had to put her in a home in the end he hated who she became his memories were all that was left ,hes 95 and frail but alert but needs company more than i can give him

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Its not all lost this heart warming vid shows its possible to trigger the old folk back for a while

Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IM9HExtnhY

Not sure why my post brought on dementia (perhaps i forgot) its a nasty problem the old guy two doors away was put in hospital by his mrs ,in the end the poor guy had to put her in a home in the end he hated who she became his memories were all that was left ,hes 95 and frail but alert but needs company more than i can give him

That's a great story &, one which rings true re my Mum who sings all day in the home without forgetting hardly a word.

There was a story in the papers a few weeks ago about a Lady who also suffers the same, but can play over 150 classical pieces on the piano - WITHOUT the music sheets.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!