Scented lures

The Flying Tench

Its not very good on plastic it makes some types brittle

Yes Chesters, I was referring to the metal types (Like Pirks)

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

All,

WD-40

Composition/Information on Ingredients:

Aliphatic Hydrocarbon 45/50%

Petroleum Base Oil <65%

The old saw use WD-40 as an attractant has been around about as long as the product itself. Here's what WD-40 has to say.

"""""

WHAT A FISH STORY!

Myth: WD-40® contains fish oil.

Fact: Consumers have told us over the years that they have caught some of the biggest fish ever after protecting their fish hooks and lures with WD-40®. We believe this legend came from folks assuming that the product must contain fish oil since it appears to attract fish. Sorry Charlie®, it just ain’t so.

WD-40 Company has taken steps to respect and conserve the environment, and encourages its users to do the same. While WD-40® can be used to help protect fishing equipment from rust and corrosion, WD-40 Company does not recommend using WD-40® to attract fish."""""""

Phone

All,

WD-40

Composition/Information on Ingredients:

Aliphatic Hydrocarbon 45/50%

Petroleum Base Oil <65%

The old saw use WD-40 as an attractant has been around about as long as the product itself. Here's what WD-40 has to say.

"""""

WHAT A FISH STORY!

Myth: WD-40® contains fish oil.

Fact: Consumers have told us over the years that they have caught some of the biggest fish ever after protecting their fish hooks and lures with WD-40®. We believe this legend came from folks assuming that the product must contain fish oil since it appears to attract fish. Sorry Charlie®, it just ain’t so.

WD-40 Company has taken steps to respect and conserve the environment, and encourages its users to do the same. While WD-40® can be used to help protect fishing equipment from rust and corrosion, WD-40 Company does not recommend using WD-40® to attract fish."""""""

Phone

Yes Phone of course the WD - 40 people would say that!!

Fact remains - It does!! (attract fish that is) It's not their fault - but seems to be fact nevertheless!! In a similar vain than sweetcorn & Luncheon Meat weren't originally designed for fishing.

Just for a bit of fun - (& I know the answer) who else knows how WD-40 arrived at its Brand Name??.

OK - I'll save you all Googling that - It's "Water Dispersal" - AND it took them 40 goes to get it right!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

WD40 is odd stuff. I once had the bright idea of spraying flies ith it to make them float. To my suprise, they sank like stones.

Of course, if you want something to sink.....

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.