Call the Midwife.

Huge_Vitae

Didn't get to see the early seasons of this, started watching it under duress because the wife got hooked, but when I did start it brought to mind a lot of thoughts, especially as the forties turned into the fifties where it sparked some of my deepest forgotten memories, watching tonight's episode and the role of 'Reggie' and the incursion into psychiatric thoughts of the mid 60's was fascinating, I know it's on the BBC, but kudos to them, good stuff and well done 'Reggie' it's about time that disability roles are acted by disabled people, look on and weep you perfect Holywood people.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

"it's about time that disability roles are acted by disabled people".

Good god! Have you never heard of "acting" dear boy?

If a disabled actor can play the role, he or she should have a crack at it, but lets not be having any special priveleges or we will start looking at a very short list to p!ay Ricnard III.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

"it's about time that disability roles are acted by disabled people".

Good god! Have you never heard of "acting" dear boy?

If a disabled actor can play the role, he or she should have a crack at it, but lets not be having any special priveleges or we will start looking at a very short list to p!ay Ricnard III.

HaHa, I guess so, never thought of that, but there again thanks to Tony (save the UK ) Bliar there will be no shortage of candidates for the role of Long John Silver.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

It will swing until the majority are disabled ,we already see adverts where 'quirkyness' is input by disabled actors (if i were disabled i would be offended) and we are already seeing far more % of foreign / coloured actors than exists in the country ,its a form of positive discrimination where the end product is not chosen by ability but criteria

I have also spotted some very strange adverts from mencap in one a mo sorry downs person is standing with a scowl on his face and a take me if your hard enough stance and another with a downs woman with what looks like a poking out tongue buffoon look ,they dont need this help i am sure highlighting a mental problem does not make it go away especially highlighting an aspect that appears to make it worse!

Compared to the past most downs people have far more natural lifes than before ,few are locked in dark rooms hidden away in shame and if taught can lead within reason a normal life ,i see a few regulars going about their business were not talking high flying but normal enough not to notice

If the prog in question (never seen it) truly represents the ? Perhaps a disabled person would never had appeared thus an actor disabled or no would not be needed as a kid we lived next door to an elderly couple with a mo downs person we never saw him but he was bright enough to make a stool (or rather do the cord inter twining of the seat) but he wasnt promenaded about ,they were then looked apon as some shame older parents got from late sexual relations

No need to explain other reasons for disabled people old sexual shenanigans isnt the only way

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Its the "colouring in" of history by the likes of of the BBC that ticks me off.

We hear lots about the evils of "whitwashing" but the BBC's Doctor Who would have us believe tbat black and Indian people were present in large numbers in Elizabethan England and didn't draw so much as a second glance.

These were people so unfamiliar with foreigners that they were happy to believe that a monkey was French and hang it as a spy!

Don't even get me started on the hypocrisy of it being OK for a black actress to use makeup and a wig to make herself appear white but it not being OK for a white actress to use makeup and a wig to appear blacker than she is.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

True ,moors were banned as were jews for hundreds of years yet in a film about robin hood a bunch of americans appeared one was black and america as we know it wasnt even invented!

They also got the damn dates wrong tsk tsk

Blackinification lol

Foreigners of any hue where not unknown but out side of ghettos just walking about would have been rare in Elizabethan times

What annoys me is the colouration of present day times ,often you see a class of children and your hard pushed to see a white (as in english heritage) thats not respective even today across the country ,i looked at a picture of me in a class in the early 60's and there was one obviously dark face one a couple of years ago had 4 (cannot tell the ethnicity of the rest it could be 906% polish) so outside of london or other high immigrant areas the true immigrant / ethnic mix is being twisted by the media ,perhaps a plot to get the masses to except immigrants it has no other role?

And whilst on the media why do reporters have to go to the scene? One daft report was about the lorry driver who knocked down the bridge on the M20 ,she stood there in darkness reffering to a bridge that is no longer there! Why i am sure stock footage of some indescript motorway would suit perfectly well or better still none atvall

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

There are dozens of schools in Birmingham without a single child of european heritage and I'm 100% sure that the same is true of Leicester, London and other cities.

The proportion of people from non-European backgrounds in the UK as a whole is nonetheless relatively low and it does seem that non-European faces are somewhat overrepresented in certain media roles.

If they were the best people for the job then fair enough, but when you look at factors like educational performance by ethnic background,that would be a stretch.

I wonder if the next magnificent 7 film will be a chinese ,pakistani ,jamaican ,mexican ,syrian and peruvian with the only white role being played by an Orthodox jew complete with fur hat and ringlets in a bath chair

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

2016 version has a Korean, a Mexican, a native American, a black guy and a couple ofnights white guys.

I don't think they could write in the Pakistani or the Syrian migrant.

Edited by Ken L

2016 version has a Korean, a Mexican, a native American, a black guy and a couple ofnights white guys.

I don't think they could write in the Pakistani or the Syrian migrant.

Could it cause offence in some PC powermonger if they did not?

Soon i guess so not to cause offence it would have to be the magnificent 250ish incase we cause some offence by not including every country!

Wait make that the magnificent 250ish plus one of each religeon in all countries!

Then 250ish plus those religeons plus one of each type of disabilty off all those faiths we cant go round offending people by excluding them!

Snow white and 7 dwarves ,seven dwarves of each religeon ,seven dwarves from each country ,boy not causing offence makes it big budget theres not a stage big enough for panto if we go further down the line of not causing offence lol

Soon it will be snow nothing incase we offend blacks and not a group of miners at all,will all forms of communication cease incase we offend someone by mentioning them or worse NOT mentioning them?

Edited by chesters1