Tench Fisheries In The North West

AddictedToScopex

That sounds like my ideal kind of still water Wellyphant. I am going to add that one to the list on my phone that I am compiling of places I want to try and fish this year. Tench are big on my list this year but I hate the idea of fishing muddy holes and trying to get through the carp to catch them. I managed my river pike last year and a good sized tench is this years target as well as trying to beat my 3lb pb perch.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

But the tide is turning. On a recent thread on the BAA's forum, someone asked what sort of veues the association should aim to aquire in the future - and the majority of respondants wanted a fishery with no carp. Tench, crucians and rudd topped the most wanted list.

It is, Newbury Angling Association drained one of their lakes a couple of years ago and re-stocked it with crucians. Last year they stocked it with tench as well so provided we can keep the cormorants away we should have a nice general coarse lake in a few years. I bump into a lot of anglers bankside and they often bemoan that fact that angling is focused on carp fishing these days, that might be because I'm usually on a river or that they are of a certain generation but there is a strong feeling that a return to true mixed fisheries would be welcomed.

• Like 1

It's never a 'six', let's put it back