Suggestions for a deep pan net for barbel

AddictedToScopex

Hi folks,

It is that time again where I need to replace my barbel net. I am looking for a deep pan style net as the one I have been using hasn't been as deep as my previous one and it is a pain to lift fish up banks etc. Any suggestions based on experience?

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Can't say i use a pan net when barbelling. i find it much easier to carry a 28" speci net rolled up and stuffed in my quiver.

I did buy a new shallow pan net a couple of season back for general fishing and went for my first rubberised one and I do like it. You don't get your rigs tangled in it or tangled in the bankside vegetation as much or as bad, they also dry quicker and don't smell as much.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Not smelling as much would be a nice plus lol. I am after a pan as I also use it for other types of fishing. I clip mine onto my rucksack with carabiners so it is really easy to carry.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Hi folks,

It is that time again where I need to replace my barbel net. I am looking for a deep pan style net as the one I have been using hasn't been as deep as my previous one and it is a pain to lift fish up banks etc. Any suggestions based on experience?

Rik - see my PM ;)

• Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I did buy a new shallow pan net a couple of season back for general fishing and went for my first rubberised one and I do like it. You don't get your rigs tangled in it or tangled in the bankside vegetation as much or as bad, they also dry quicker and don't smell as much.

Might be worth you getting some rubber under-kecks Brian....maybe we won't know your coming before we see you :lol:;) .

• Like 1