First tench session was a success

AddictedToScopex

Finally managed to get out for my first tench session of the year after deciding to target them much more this year. Chose a small reservoir that I had heard held them. Fished all day and to begin with caught a good bream and a good carp (not supposed to be many in there thankfully) so thought it would be a productive day but it was hard going after that. I plugged away all day with the feeder keeping the feed going into the same area all day and with an hour to go I was rewarded for the hard work with this 7.5lb beauty. Beat my pb by 3lbs and made the effort well worth it. Then lost another at the death when my mainline broke. It must have got snagged on a rock or similar on the bottom. Very rare for me to snap a mainline. Will definitely be going back. Bait was 3 corn kernels hair rigged over a dark groundbait mix.

2ic0cxh.jpg

awyr03.jpg

• Like 3

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

That's a cracking Tench & a not too shoddy Carp either Rik.

Well done mate. :punk:

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Very nice and congrats on your new PB Tinca :thumbs:

Keith

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Cheers guys. Wasn't hoping for carp and had been told that there were very few in there so was very surprised to catch one. Not a huge fan of fishing for carp myself in overstocked places but didn't mind this one so much with it being one of few present.

Phone,

It went 9lb 9oz. Was a very round and deep shape. I suspected it was full of spawn.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk