Pepsi advert

Andrew

ayjay,

You are wrong. I hate to agree 100% with Cory but in this case you are wrong.

You do not know yourself better than the experts know you. You know that. You are just being hard headed.

You appear in public in wearing apparel and drive on the correct side of the road in compliance with advertising.

Phone

ayjay,

You are wrong. I hate to agree 100% with Cory but in this case you are wrong.

You do not know yourself better than the experts know you. You know that. You are just being hard headed.

You appear in public in wearing apparel and drive on the correct side of the road in compliance with advertising.

Phone

Let's take your last point first, that's both the law and the lack of a suicidal streak, nothing to do with advertising.

I definitely know myself better than either you or cory.

Have you ever been sat in a doctor/dentist/hospital waiting room and picked up some stupid magazine with a lifestyle type quiz in it? There will be multi choice answers with scores for the answers, add up the scores at the end to see what/who you are. I always have to give up doing them cos I never fit into the any of the provided answers for more than one or two questions.

I'm sorry to disillusion you (and cory) but if you want to pigeon hole me you'll have to be content with curmudgeonly old scrote who knows his own mind. Not someone who takes too well to being told what to do (or buy) by others in any circumstances - take note, I've been self-employed since 1971 until retirement last year. Only answerable to myself (and paying customers of course).

If you (or anyone else) can tell me what I might have bought due to some successful advertising campaign (whether completely brash and up front or disturbingly subliminal) I'd be very surprised, no matter how well they might think they can target these things, some of us will always slip under the radar.

I'll just give you a clue as to how difficult that might be, I've not bought a fishing rod since 2001 and haven't bought a reel since before that, (and that's nothing to do with a shortage of funds).

Let's take your last point first, that's both the law and the lack of a suicidal streak, nothing to do with advertising.

I definitely know myself better than either you or cory.

Have you ever been sat in a doctor/dentist/hospital waiting room and picked up some stupid magazine with a lifestyle type quiz in it? There will be multi choice answers with scores for the answers, add up the scores at the end to see what/who you are. I always have to give up doing them cos I never fit into the any of the provided answers for more than one or two questions.

I'm sorry to disillusion you (and cory) but if you want to pigeon hole me you'll have to be content with curmudgeonly old scrote who knows his own mind. Not someone who takes too well to being told what to do (or buy) by others in any circumstances - take note, I've been self-employed since 1971 until retirement last year. Only answerable to myself (and paying customers of course).

If you (or anyone else) can tell me what I might have bought due to some successful advertising campaign (whether completely brash and up front or disturbingly subliminal) I'd be very surprised, no matter how well they might think they can target these things, some of us will always slip under the radar.

I'll just give you a clue as to how difficult that might be, I've not bought a fishing rod since 2001 and haven't bought a reel since before that, (and that's nothing to do with a shortage of funds).

Neither have I, what's that got to do with anything? I've no doubt that you know your own mind, but you don't know and can't control your subconscious and you can't control the reptilian part of the brain, rather it controls you.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Neither have I, what's that got to do with anything? I've no doubt that you know your own mind, but you don't know and can't control your subconscious and you can't control the reptilian part of the brain, rather it controls you.

It's difficult to convey a personality and all it's quirks in a few words: it was an attempt to show the failure of advertising to persuade me to buy any new toys for one of my major hobbies.

Let's face it, some of you lot can't go a season without a new rod; and if you know any amateur photographers they're even worse, and yet on that front I'm still using my (second hand) 40D which I must have had for the best part of ten years now.

My "reptilian brain" is still doing exactly what it's intended to do: controlling my vital functions such as heart rate, breathing, body temperature and balance.

I ain't seen no lizards shopping in Tesco, or Sainsburys or Waitrose or Morrisons, (I spread my favours around).

Blimey 2001 is brand new to me ,my reptilian bits must be lazy

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It's difficult to convey a personality and all it's quirks in a few words: it was an attempt to show the failure of advertising to persuade me to buy any new toys for one of my major hobbies.

Let's face it, some of you lot can't go a season without a new rod; and if you know any amateur photographers they're even worse, and yet on that front I'm still using my (second hand) 40D which I must have had for the best part of ten years now.

My "reptilian brain" is still doing exactly what it's intended to do: controlling my vital functions such as heart rate, breathing, body temperature and balance.

I ain't seen no lizards shopping in Tesco, or Sainsburys or Waitrose or Morrisons, (I spread my favours around).

Silly bugger, everybody knows that they all go to Asda @ Marlands

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

ayjay,

You say, "I definitely know myself better than either you or cory." OF COURSE you do. However neither of us claim to be personality experts. Certainly neither of us want to "pigeon hole" you. It's already happened. I to hate labels but we are what we are. I'll take a guess at advertising influence on. I bet a plug nickle you have eaten something unique to your diet in the last 3 months. (You don't have to answer)

Phone

I'll take a guess at advertising influence on. I bet a plug nickle you have eaten something unique to your diet in the last 3 months. (You don't have to answer)

Phone

If it's something that's unique to my diet (perfectly possible) it would have to be something I've concocted myself. I don't see how that could be as a result of me being influenced by advertising.

The alternative (and the only thing that fits your theory) is that a company produced just one of an item and then targeted me with advertising hoping I'd buy it? Not gonna happen is it?

If you and cory are both correct about my inability to ignore advertising let's apply a test.

You two must have both bought something recently after exposure to advertising that you couldn't resist, (otherwise your theory is dead in the water anyway).

What was it? If I've also succumbed, I'll come clean and admit it, but I think you're on a loser. :)

Prices effect me ,the mrs picks something up then looks at the price ,i look at the price before picking it up.

Sainsbury used to have red lables for stuff being flogged cheap so i just walked around looking for red lables but now theres lots of the dammed things so hard work finding the cheap stuff.

If its cheap i will buy lots a fortnight ago they had family sized boxes of microwave porridge for 20p a box ,i bought 10 boxes (i had to pack more into each box to get it home ) knowing full well once the store got busy it would go .

I now have lots of vacuumed packed poridge for the next 6 months in the shed.

I like my bargains prices have a far greater effect than names on me but if the price is right i will try something i wouldn't normally buy ,gluten free buscuits are nasty ,those twinkies are fit only for pigs but strangely the price of pork!

Got a few kilos of gluten free bread flour for the bread maker at 10p a bag ,the birds may win if it tastes like the biscuits!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson