Personal messages and emails

Sportsman

Hi Chesters

I got your complete message on PM and on Email.

As for block and ignore. That's done and with any luck, he will do the same. Save both of us wasting our time and energy.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Hi Chesters

I got your complete message on PM and on Email.

As for block and ignore. That's done and with any luck, he will do the same. Save both of us wasting our time and energy.

Weird thinking back a couple of years all i got via email was a notice i had a PM ,i would still get intouch with a mod incase your email adress is somehow being transmitted to the sender?

Had a look round your profile but theres no sign of an email address ,not sure how to send a message to you via it without appearing in your visitors log giving away who it maybe bothering you .

I guess in my case with most stuff switched off it ignores me but i guess a mod could see more and perhaps fix the loophole? Not having an email telling me you pm'd me i cannot see if theres anything in it that could identify the sender or more importantly give the sender a clue to who the pm was going to outside the site ,i would give Newt a pm and see if he can solve the problem

I would use another email adress for non work issues then your other half wont see them ,i have 2 i use in most things my official one i use for most contacts as its my name ,another i use for google etc so they DONT have my name and several throwaway ones i delete after using them for joining web sites for info not available unless you join .

Most ISP's will let you have a few sub accounts i would use those to seperate work from pleasure ensuring only you can see them

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I have blocked someone. Only did it once and only for 12 months. We should be able to disagree without getting personal - I even got on with old KB away from the subject of religion.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I have blocked someone. Only did it once and only for 12 months. We should be able to disagree without getting personal - I even got on with old KB away from the subject of religion.

Unfortunately a lot of good decent posters have been chased off getting flack from those that disagree with them ,my skin is a bit thicker and ofcourse being a loner this IS most of my life ,when you look after someone 24/7 there isnt much life outside of here lol

Not saying i am innocent of getting under peoples skin but its just words after all ,26 letters than can be turned into anything i get as good as i give and vice versa lol

Unlike some american sites there seems to be little in the cliche circles (on non fishing especially) so less accusation then barring when you utter something the cliche dislike a camping forum i used to visit unfortunately had such a circle and disagreeing even providing evidence got me banned when the Elders though i was challenging their version of truth another site deleted my post when i took a company rep to task over untruths said about a machine i had merely because they supported the site finantially ,unfortunately theres more than one reason you cannot say things out there

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sporty, we have exchanged (friendly) PM's over the years but I don't recall seeing an email addy for you if this helps, also a few years ago a member asked a specific question on here regarding a pond that I have personal knowledge of, when he did not pick up my reply I spoke with Newt who agreed to email him on his board registered email address, but he did not give me the address which is correct.

When I get an email regarding a PM on here it says xxxx has replied to a message and sometimes gives the reply as well, it could be that after the first exchange the server sends the whole message. Perhaps turn off notifications, not really needed.

In any case, I don't care who it was or what the subject is, and whilst I have had many a spat on here, anybody who feels the need to make threats from a distance, however small or large said distance is, was long ago catogorised by me as 'trunk bravery' the further away they are the braver they become.

Had similar a little while ago, guy 'phoned me to threaten me, unsurprisingly his attitude changed when I knocked his front door a few hours later.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

The spat was handbags at dawn and not important.

It became important when my wife and daughter were drawn into it.

I have disabled all PMs so that ensures it won't happen again.

I hope that is the end of it

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/