French elections

Ken L

And seemingly every day, we see incidents that can only push voters to the right. There has just been another attack in Paris.....

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

And seemingly every day, we see incidents that can only push voters to the right. There has just been another attack in Paris.....

I think that's the intention.

I think that's the intention.

How exactly? :g:

Interesting article here: http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/french-presidential-election-a-battle-of-left-right-extremes-a-1143745.html

It debates KenL's question of what would happen if MLP and Mélenchon got through to the run offs. The one likely result either way is Frexit And if Frexit follows Brexit then there will will be some really cheap office space to let in Brussels and Strasbourg.

What I like about the Spiegel's articles is the sheer ignorance of the public's opinion of the EU. The Germans are carrying on regardless because being in the EU suits them. One of their top bods recently argued that every Euro they contributed came back to Germany many fold. And it is true, They give Bulgaria and Romania € millions in subsidies and grants and a lot of that money is then spent on German products, so effectively they are subsidising their own industries by laundering money through the EU. So if the EU does fold quickly it will be Germany who will suffer the most as their industries are geared up for continued growth.

Regards, Clive

Macron and Le Pen are through to round 2 but you have to laugh at the subtle psychological games being played. Take a look at the BBC's homepage and the BBC has already all but crowned Macron. Not only in the words they have used but look at the photo. They have a bright eyed Macron but have chosen one of the few pictures of Le Pen where she isn't smiling, one where she looks tired and they appear to have denuded the colour palate just enough to make her fade into the background.

Welcome to the future of politics.....

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Macron and Le Pen are through to round 2 but you have to laugh at the subtle psychological games being played. Take a look at the BBC's homepage and the BBC has already all but crowned Macron. Not only in the words they have used but look at the photo. They have a bright eyed Macron but have chosen one of the few pictures of Le Pen where she isn't smiling, one where she looks tired and they appear to have denuded the colour palate just enough to make her fade into the background.

Welcome to the future of politics.....

I have to laugh at your overactive imagination. It would take on helluva slap to knock her good looking and I don't think many of our froggy chums peruse the BBC website for their news.I normally don't do the soothsaying stuff Ken but I don't think she stands a snowball's in round two.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

No, the French will most likely be taken in by the ex-Rothschild banker who was anointed by Hollande - he even looks like a French Tony Blair.

Either way, Le Pen wins because it is now impossible for the media to shut out her voice and her arguments.

No, the French will most likely be taken in by the ex-Rothschild banker who was anointed by Hollande - he even looks like a French Tony Blair.

Either way, Le Pen wins because it is now impossible for the media to shut out her voice and her arguments.

What is your fascination with this woman? Why would you want her to be president of France? Do you really think she can win more than 50% of votes cast in a fortnight's time.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I'm fascinated by the way the views of the right are supplanting the views of the left. Farage, Le Pen and Tommy Robinson are winning the battle of ideas. Wilders and the AfD are not.

I was actually quite disappointed with Le Pen yesterday when she gave a speech attacking Islam. Yes, it's a deeply unpleasant ideology but the battle should be fought on cultural and economic grounds because time and time again the public demonstrate that they are incapable of distinguishing between race and religion - and they don't like racists.

The scales have also fallen from my eyes when it comes to the manipulation, selective reporting and outright lies of the mainstream media - including YouTube.

I'm fascinated by the way the views of the right are supplanting the views of the left. Farage, Le Pen and Tommy Robinson are winning the battle of ideas. Wilders and the AfD are not.

I was actually quite disappointed with Le Pen yesterday when she gave a speech attacking Islam. Yes, it's a deeply unpleasant ideology but the battle should be fought on cultural and economic grounds because time and time again the public demonstrate that they are incapable of distinguishing between race and religion - and they don't like racists.

The scales have also fallen from my eyes when it comes to the manipulation, selective reporting and outright lies of the mainstream media - including YouTube.

Why would you want her to be president of France? Do you really think she can win more than 50% of votes cast in a fortnight's time?

When did YouTube become mainstream media?