Massive increase in speeding fines

big_cod

Now we all know the motorist gets tipped upside down they are really going for it now .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/motors/3364890/speeding-fines-new-uk-laws-2017-april-penalties/amp/

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Dont do it and you will be fine

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Never been caught by a speed camera you are a very lucky boy around 2 million did last year .

Self inflicted. I'd ban speeders for longer. Don't start me on mobile phone drivers.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Self inflicted. I'd ban speeders for longer. Don't start me on mobile phone drivers.

Very touchy subject I wonder how many on here will actually own up being caught in the act speeding that is .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I've been caught once, doing 80 at 10-30pm on a near deserted A1M, in clear conditions. No excuses, except maybe, that it was a hire car, and much more powerful than my own, which was in the garage.

The thing that gets me is that, my offence is regarded as the same as someone doing 40 in a 30 zone, at 3-30 on a wet day, in a town.

Speed cameras record just that, speed, with no regard for the conditions, the time of day, the state of the driver, the state of the car, and how it's being driven. These new regs state that it's an offence to be going even 1 mph above the limit. I wonder how many speedos/speed cameras are accurate to that degree. Even different tyre pressures can affect your speed slightly. I know if my car shows 30mph, I'm actually doing about 28mph, that's according to several speed check devices in my area.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I've been caught once, doing 80 at 10-30pm on a near deserted A1M, in clear conditions. No excuses, except maybe, that it was a hire car, and much more powerful than my own, which was in the garage.

The thing that gets me is that, my offence is regarded as the same as someone doing 40 in a 30 zone, at 3-30 on a wet day, in a town.

Speed cameras record just that, speed, with no regard for the conditions, the time of day, the state of the driver, the state of the car, and how it's being driven. These new regs state that it's an offence to be going even 1 mph above the limit. I wonder how many speedos/speed cameras are accurate to that degree. Even different tyre pressures can affect your speed slightly. I know if my car shows 30mph, I'm actually doing about 28mph, that's according to several speed check devices in my area.

John.

Car manufacturers calibrate the speedos to read higher than actual speed for the reasons stated in this article

http://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/how-accurate-is-a-car-speedometer/

So if you are caught your going more than 1 mph over the limit.

• Like 1

Never been caught by a speed camera you are a very lucky boy around 2 million did last year .

Never had a speeding fine and only one parking fine where i got carried away talking about fishing and overstayed by 15 minutes over my two hour ticket

Never used a phone whilst driving either just talking to the passenger is distracting for me

Parking should though have two tiers ,those that made an effort and bought a ticket and overstayed and those that couldnt bother to buy one ,at the moment theres no difference except if you can afford it you get a lesser fine than if your broke

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yes done the speed awareness course 4 hours for just short of £100 what took 4 hours could have been done in 20 minutes but you have to justify the £100 .where I actually got caught it was later proved the mobile speed van was parked on the pavement which is actually illegal it no longer prowls there .

And It was one of the best spots in area for catching the motorist as when you come off the moors down hill into a 30 mph area but the 30 starts well before you come into the built up area .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

I have been caught several times for speeding, but I do have an excuse.

I drive too fast.

I have a problem with speed cameras in France. The limit for normal roads with no limits is 90kph, about 54mph as opposed to 60mph in the UK.

After driving in the UK at 60mph for much of my adult life when my body goes into auto cruise control it is at 60mph and that is the speed that I have been caught at on three occasions.

Now I use the car's cruise control wherever possible. Those straight empty roads are just too easy to speed on.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/