2017 "gun of the year" NRA Conven

Phone

Panic not, you should know by now that most of my posting on this site is done with tongue in cheek - to a greater or lesser degree.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Having done a bit more mooching, the barrett in the photo appears to be m107cq version which has a 20" barrel rather than a 29" one and is indeed about 5lbs lighter than the standard model.

It is designed to be used where the space may be limited making the full size rifle unwieldy such as from helicopters and vehicles.

The friends of the NRA NRA gun of the year for 2017 is the Daniel Defence V7 apparently https://www.danieldefense.com/friends-of-nra-gun-of-the-year

Edited by snakey1

Strange no mention of how many people it will kill before the barrel wears out nor how loud the breech mechanism is to attract the attention of bystander's so they can fain death by falling alongside the bodies of the deaf ,such selling points should be at the top of the list surely ?

Does it come in camo so you can lose it at picnics ?

Weight should also be a factor if its to heavy 7 year olds wouldnt be able to kill 4 years old and ofcourse to long a barrel would stop people blowing their own heads off because they cannot reach the trigger ,where is the important selling points!!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1,

You're on a roll today. Let me help you out. Having a gun in your hous make living there 72% more dangerous. All gun control advocates are ultra rich. Over a trillion rounds of ammo would be wasted with gun controls. Seven year olds rarely understand the Constitution.

You didn't mention the purchase price - a paltry $12,978.00 USD all tax deductible. Discounts available for purchases of 5 or more.

Phone

Surely by now we have enough different ways of killing people.

If only they would make a *Gun of the Year* which could rap you on the knuckles at 1000 yards and say "Oi, behave! - then I'd believe the gun industry was making progress.

Surely by now we have enough different ways of killing people.

If only they would make a *Gun of the Year* which could rap you on the knuckles at 1000 yards and say "Oi, behave! - then I'd believe the gun industry was making progress.

Silly person how can that be right ,at the moment out of sight government sponcered researchers will be trying to ID the genes of undesirables (in the eyes of those funding it) so those it deems unsuitable to pass on these genes can be exposed to future genetic munitions who will wipe them out.

Once they can identify genes that determine skin colour or perhaps even a religeon gene that blocks the intelligence to see god is a scam the worlds their oyster ,the best thing is though they may have these genes themselves from some historical tumble in the hay and exterminate themselves lol

Fear them finding the scots or viking genes half the worlds history has them knocking up foreign girls lol

Guns using an exploding powder are crude ,effective but crude ,in the future it will be microscopic things that knock you over and they will get around measures to stop them ,weapons will become so good humans will destroy themselves because they wont be able to control them and our crazy lifestyle of free travel in hours across the globe will hasten it ,pandoras box not box lock perhaps

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

Ohh, I almost forgot. With the President addressing the Convention all guns had to be removed and everyone had to be scanned to be sure they were not "concealed carry" . Probably more than 20,000 guns had to be secured for a couple hours.

I think it is ironical as the President is going to speak on our "Right to Carry".

Phone

EDIT: For the uninformed rookie the M107A1 is a .50 cal. But everyone knows that - Right??

:clap3: Just the job for those "distant" foxes. :clap3:

• Like 1