Fluorocarbon and Knotless knot

76jerry

Hi

Have been using Guru QM hooks with plenty of sucess only problem is they need a knotless knot which means I have gone back to mono, any one know of a knotless knot or whipping I can use with fluorocarbon that is really reliable.

cheers

Knots are a matter of confidence most of the time. Here is a chart - I'm not sure I believe it myself but at least it is published. The numbers are for fluorocarbon.

923a21e746ea59f8d54c731ec1d1dec2.jpg

Phone

Stepping back a moment - what attributes of the knotless knot do you need? Do you need a hair? Is it about the way the hook lies?

These QM hooks was near a circle hook as I could find, it is the way the lines lies need it to be sitting on the back of the shank but coming through the eye for best hooking. Not fishing a hair but using these hooks for fishing Bread for Chub or Mullet

OK - in that case you might want to try one of the spade end whipping knots with the line then going back through the eye.

Alternatively, you can get bent hook sleeves (bits of curved silicone rubber) which would allow you to use whatever knot you wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably being a bit dim here ( not for the first time ) but could you not use a knotless knot and just cut the hair off ?

Yes you can, just tie it without a loop for the hair and trim the tag end. If a knotless knot copes with landing hair rigged caught fish it should be just as good without the hair.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I think Jerry is saying he doesn't trust the knotless knot with fluoro, not that the hair is a problem. Can't say I've had any problems with it myself.

• 3 weeks later...