Daiwa Match Lite Duo Info

Hi all,

I have managed to get my hands on an old daiwa rod again and was wondering if you guys had any info on it with your wealth of knowledge?

I am still using the old match lite stick that i got some time ago and love it. I saw this other rod come up on facebook and chucked a cheeky £25 offer on it and he agreed. I picked it up this evening. It is called a Daiwa Match Lite Duo 13ft and comes with two top sections. One seems heavier than the other.

After collecting it it was tricky to figure out what it was intended for. It kind of seems like a float rod with a lighter and heavier tip. Would this be an accurate description of its original intended use?

Also it seemed to have a repair on one section but I wasn't sure if this was a spliced in tip rather that a repair.

I plan to use it for float fishing on the river or reservoir.

2drvxah.jpg

The possible repair?

a4mm9y.jpg

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Without spending hours looking through my Daiwa catalogues the likeliest scenario is a hollow tip for waggler fishing and a finer spliced in solid carbon tip for stick float fishing. Rods like this are rare but Shakespeare also did a similar model about 30 years ago.

• Like 2

Without spending hours looking through my Daiwa catalogues the likeliest scenario is a hollow tip for waggler fishing and a finer spliced in solid carbon tip for stick float fishing. Rods like this are rare but Shakespeare also did a similar model about 30 years ago.

Exactly what I thought when I first saw it. With the emphasis now more on stillwater, and bigger fish, as well as the improvement in materials and design, spliced tip rods are rarely used.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Thanks guys. Great to know. You seem right in that the spliced tip does seem to be solid carbon. The rod will almost certainly be getting used on the river for stick float fishing and now that I have a better idea of what the other section is intended for that will likely get a run out too. Appreciate the information :)

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk