For Chesters1

corydoras

Not so good here but in russia and the balkans they find tanks lol theres lots of great nazi stuff us undefeated lose out on

Dont be fooled by "pull" concerning magnets that ok for a square bit of iron being pulled straight up but a magnet will slip easily sideways and the pull weight comes to nothing

I can assure you that the "pull" of some magnets is not to be underestimated. Have you ever played with neodymium magnets, the type that come in hard disks? A big neodymium magnet is a liability. Moving one around your house can be a bit of a logistics problem as you can have ferrous objects launching themselves towards you and the magnet at scary speeds. A big one will easily crush your hand.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Chesters1,

Yes, I agree one can spend way to much time fiddling with a hit on nothing of value. This detector has only a 9". I am likely to go to the Ukraine this summer (health permitting). If you come across a name - drop it on me. Although I can't imagine any new science (that's a question).

You don't suppose we will ever have a device that discovers gray matter do you. It will certainly be antique is any is discovered.

Phone

Fisher is iconic but I'm not sure why. The device I'm in search of for my grandson would be designed to discover elemental gold and silver in the natural environment

. I'm really not "up to date".

Chesters1,

Yes, I agree one can spend way to much time fiddling with a hit on nothing of value. This detector has only a 9". I am likely to go to the Ukraine this summer (health permitting). If you come across a name - drop it on me. Although I can't imagine any new science (that's a question).

You don't suppose we will ever have a device that discovers gray matter do you. It will certainly be antique is any is discovered.

Phone

Fisher is iconic but I'm not sure why. The device I'm in search of for my grandson would be designed to discover elemental gold and silver in the natural environment

I've heard that accommodation is cheap in При́п'ять ;)

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I can assure you that the "pull" of some magnets is not to be underestimated. Have you ever played with neodymium magnets, the type that come in hard disks? A big neodymium magnet is a liability. Moving one around your house can be a bit of a logistics problem as you can have ferrous objects launching themselves towards you and the magnet at scary speeds. A big one will easily crush your hand.

Yes but i mentioned thats a direct pull against a flat bit of iron tugging it sideways the pull is far less ,most of the fishing magnets are neos but covered in a shell as they are very fragile

Hard drive magnets are great for keeping screen doors closed they even have screwholes lol

A sword in a river would get caught very easily but if the butt got caught on something the magnet would slide straight off as the sword pointed towards the person pulling

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1,

Phone

This will find them but in a place full of modern rubbish the sound could send you mad!

Strange its not letting me keep the link! It pastes but disapears

watch?v=jZ8waIC3Dxs

Kept half but the youtube front end needs adding

Not sure silvers nuggets exist (never looked) but all machines will find silver metal its up the top end marked dollar ,gold lives down the ignored end marked foil

The machine in question probably doesnt tell you much at all it sings out on everything and you dig it all up ,fine in the bush but in my field i would get a hundred squeals a swing

In another it was a smithy so the machine would send out a continious sqeal due to the billions of iron flecks ,luckily my machine ignores them with a twist of a knob

That minelab i had presumed to be pi but appears to be somethings called zvs or t ? It sounds like a pi

Theres a raft of gold orientated machines out in the last few years but in ordinary detecting they are not much improvement ,they maybe slightly more sensitive to gold but then they find all the tiny foil that just crackle in the headphones in the rest ,we just dont have mini gold nuggets in surrey we have a buildup of 2000 years of rubbish that pretend to be nuggets

As you can see here the top of the pile machines have great problems finding gold without a hole and some with very thin metal!

watch?v=C1ri4UuEIlE

Generally a really good machine on gold is really bad finding anything else your after except if you dig every signal which means every bit of iron down to a couple of feet ,my back prefers saving the tiny gold to another day and leaving the iron to sleep where it lays

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1,

Not silver - in nature as nuggets. Some refined silver is believed to be in caches (Mexican, Indian, Chinese) in this region.

Sorry, I really cannot get all that enthused for my grandson. Much like angling, I USED to enjoy the journey. Now just give me the money.

Phone