What do you identify as?

Ken L

We live in a world where women "identify" as men and white women "identify" as black women.
Could some people take these new freedoms too far?

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163:

I used to identify with the pioneer spirit when I first came out to Western Australia's Kimberley Region. Boss told me to go out for a week to look for suitable gravel for the upcoming bitumen project south of Hall's Creek. Went about 15 kms off the track, parked the 4wd and walked to a small knoll to check the view and there, in front of me was an abandoned Chrysler Valiant car. Keys in ignition, all doors opened, fuel in tank...The land was covered in spinifex grass but there were no tracks, so, the car must have been left there some years before. Called the Main Roads camp who called the Hall's Creek police. I waited at the side of the road for about an hour for a police wagon to arrive, then took them to the Valiant. It appears that a group of Aborigines tried to take a short cut across the edge of the desert to get to the Aboriginal Reserve at Billiluna some years earlier. That was in 1967

Another time, out from Wallal Stn area, half way between Broome and Port Hedland, first bloke to start a new survey line about 30 km from the station, I looked down and picked up a 1917 shilling. That was late 1966

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Another time, out from Wallal Stn area, half way between Broome and Port Hedland, first bloke to start a new survey line about 30 km from the station, I looked down and picked up a 1917 shilling. That was late 1966

When I was an MSc student, one of my tasks was to determine the seismic velocity along the fold hinge of the Purbeck Hills, I had special permission to do this on MOD property. Found a suitable hill, miles from public access, climbed to the ridge (lugging about a hundredweight of seismic equipment with me), and set about digging twenty small holes in the chalk to house my twenty geophones. The first hole, on removal of about nine square inches of the turf, yielded a George VI half-crown. I wish Chesters 50/50 rule had applied, as I could have expected 25 bob's-worth of half-crowns from twenty holes, but I only found the one :thumbdown: ,

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

We live in a world where women "identify" as men and white women "identify" as black women.

Could some people take these new freedoms too far?

I'm a bull dyke trapped in a man's body.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I am a bright thin person trapped in a thick fat persons body

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

When I was an MSc student, one of my tasks was to determine the seismic velocity along the fold hinge of the Purbeck Hills, I had special permission to do this on MOD property. Found a suitable hill, miles from public access, climbed to the ridge (lugging about a hundredweight of seismic equipment with me), and set about digging twenty small holes in the chalk to house my twenty geophones. The first hole, on removal of about nine square inches of the turf, yielded a George VI half-crown. I wish Chesters 50/50 rule had applied, as I could have expected 25 bob's-worth of half-crowns from twenty holes, but I only found the one :thumbdown: ,

It only applies on a case to case scenario you just got the bad side of the see saw more often ,i dont predict anything especially the future you generally get two options at a time and the outcome will be one or the other you got one 19 times more than the other my 50/50 apples to each not all! you had the bad luck to have a fat kid on the other end each time it could have been a thinner one

19 times you dug a hole each time there would be a coin in or or not ,you piled up 19 nots

No-one can predict multiple events so i just stick to events where there are two options every time it will be one or the other the third outcome is merely waiting for those two to appear

Life is a billion 50/50's think back how would your life had been if you did xxxx or had not done xxxx ,you kissed that pretty girl and you had a romance or you had not and met some other girl ,from every decision a whole different set of 50/50's appear and on those more etc etc etc.

If my mrs had not turned left behind the bus but right she wouldnt have been knocked down ,had i chose to walk past the cafe instead of entering i would never had met her ,had i not have sat at her table but another the same ,life is a set of what ifs or what hads

iE One decision when you were 10 you made set you off on a path of decisions that could have made who you are now far different from who you are now what are the odds of predicting every decision you ever made until now from that first one ,my 50/50 is as good as you will ever get in the split second you have to make it ,i dont predict my 50/50 relates to events as they happen not before or after i will leave that to mystic meg and other charlatans

If you go out of your door now and turn left or right means you did one or the other after that theres a whole life of left or rights or if you turned left under a bus perhaps not

Not only is they're the turning left or right (death or life) a split second before was opening the door ,had i not the next wouldnt have happened ,just before that i made a decision should i open the door ,before that the decision what timee should i decide to open the door ,do i need milk now or tomorrow ,today resulted in deciding the next decision ,just before that should i open the fridge to check the milk ,before that will i make a cuppa tea ............

If i had not wanted tea i may have read the newspaper ,saw a horse ,picked up the phone ,made a bet ,wont a million quid and retired to france ,all based on a decision about tea or not

I could also have lost the bet ,lost the house ,wife pet dog and hung myself in the woods ,whos trying to predict that ?

Back to vagabonds holes ,you could predict the odds on finding another coin in the successive holes but if he asked me i would say its 50/50 theres another coin or there isnt and my prediction would always be spot on there was not 19 times in a row ,if another coin turned up my 50/50 allows that in that case there was a coin .

If he asked before he started the 20 holes if there would be coins i would say bugger knows as any normal person would i dont do mystic meg stuff but there might be or perhaps not

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1 woud just love The Monty Hall Problem.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Chesters1 woud just love The Monty Hall Problem.

I may or i may not