plumbing or refridgeration help please eyebrows will be raised and perhaps shudders made.

chesters1

Are the threads flat on the tops??

In that case could be a 7/16" Truncated thread - that's to say the crests have been turned undersize deliberately to pass through a certain size bore.

What's the thread pitch?? - measure the distance from one crest to the other (metric or imperial - it all comes the same to me)

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Your correct my brand new ebay one has mm and inches but as your calculation reveals its a strange size in both readings so i suspect its some strange size so the connector cannot be used with a different adaptor or rather a different set of bits and bobs like the mirriad of thread pitches out there

I did though quite by chance find an object that will fit it ,the small cutable spout on those mini silicone tubes for a £1 or so ,but ofcourse i dont know anything else other than it fits unless theres a silicone tube thread standard somewhere lol.

3 way fridges are quite clever really ,no moving parts except a control valve or two and a piezoelectric ignitor ,not efficient but better than nothing camping on a hot day like today those cheap electric coolboxes pale into insignificance compared most are decidedly dangerous if you think your chilled stuff is cold enough to be safe

I have given up with getting gas for it and the valve wouldnt pierce steel anyway so i may if i get bored pop a joint somewhere and put water in it and see what happens will it get hot or cold who knows

I will find out the pitch and let you know

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Here's a link which may interest you - "How big is a micron??"

(A particle of smoke is 4 microns - 0.004 mm)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+big+is+a+micron+diagram&rlz=1C1CHWA_enGB610GB610&biw=1366&bih=618&tbm=isch&imgil=DFwjBdbqW9yjbM%253A%253B1GbXkJcWA-eWBM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.ctgclean.com%25252Ftech-blog%25252Fis-it-clean-introduction-to-particles-microns&source=iu&pf=m&fir=DFwjBdbqW9yjbM%253A%252C1GbXkJcWA-eWBM%252C_&usg=__TLSdAvCrXsEnr8Kt3-C9xphtQBs%3D

Take a look at the diagram far right with the RED circle on it.

The very Large black circle is the diameter of a Human Hair.

Edited by Martin56

Ah, think a light's just come on :idea:

The fitting is to pierce a Gas canister then.

Try giving B.O.C. a ring or a good camping shop??

I must be on the wrong track here mate - you would surely have already thought of that.

Edited by Martin56

No the fitting fits to fitting on a pipe that fits a can full of refridgerant

I have removed the push on fitting and need to pin down the screw on fitting that fits to the piercing valve i bought

Theres several sizes but none make sence its not 1/4 of an inch and its not half an inch

Perhaps this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN_thread

I just need a list of every size thats 0.42 of an inch lol ,its def not a imperial thread nor a metric one i have gone through many that start to screw on but get stuck going by youtube a pukka refridgeration hose screws onto it but til now not been able to pin down the size so i can buy one to go on where i removed the push on one

I may have to get the old guy 2 doors away to run one up on his lathe but hes 95 and frail ,he will try but in this heat walking to his shed wears him out lol

Calor gas fittings are vast compared to it

The gas project has been shelved but to use copper pipe instead of plastic on my filtration system i will need to fit the mystery connection to a 15mm connection .

As for micron surely a smoke molecule is smaller than a water one? (Never came across a need to compare) and my pre filter will be .02? (Removed labels but sure that was the size) of a micron it needs higher pressure than the plastic fittings can bear ,i was given 3 so i am going to use them! With the plastic a 4 bar its just a trickle the 1 micron ones work fine at 3 bar ,i can get 7 bar but it blows even the washine machine hoses off lol

Dont really want to go down the UV route theres a 5 stage filter under the sink already!

I use to use reverse osmosis at the old house but that used 5 gallons to make 1!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yes i am sure if i can get a near enough size i can use what we call plumbers tape or silicone to ensure a good seal its just i dont want to buy several fittings from china and have to wait a month to see if they fit ,and if not buy others that may or may not fit lol

Before i fitted a pressure regulator the water pressure crept up occasionally at night to such a pressure washing machine hoses split ,the actual filter housings blew apart and caused floods ,we fitted an alarm it got so bad but in the end had to tame it ,we restrict the pressure to 3 bar which is sufficiant ,at 4 bar the push in fittings on the filters pop and left alone the place would be under water.

The pumping station is just up the road our sprinkler if i could afford to use it would water the gardens either side never mind ours lol

When we had the bathroom made into a wet room and i advised the plumber his modern plastic pipes needed a pressure regulator ,next morning he was back fitting one as we had a burst in the lovely paneling he fitted hiding the new pipes ,i rarely tell fibs i wonder why he thought i was and ignored me?

If i won the lottery i would upgrade my system to 15mm and stainless housings but i havnt so need to find the cheapest solution which is modifying what i have

Edited by chesters1

Some threads are designated as for a tube size rather than a physical thread size.

The Wikipedia thing for A.N. is American National (not army/ navy) Yes Chesters - I know that doesn't help mate.

Edited by Martin56