The construction Industry is bent

Martin56

OK - so sadly,it seems I was right the last week.

There is an unhealthy relationship between local councils and the construction companies.

Now 34 high rise buildings (Flats) have now failed fire regulation tests.

They were passed first time in the new build - hey viva Espania !!!!

Just hope those tossers who passed them in the 1st place can live with themselves.

This is how it is - a £300 holiday in Benidorm saves £5.000. per build.

What price a life???

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

What evidence do you have to support this claim?
Seems to me that the manufacturers, suppliers and contractors said "these are your options, here are the specifications and these are the costs" and a decision was made by the building's owners .
I've yet to see any evidence to suggest tat anybody supplied or fitted anything that wasn't specified or approved by the people contracting for the job, just as I have yet to see any evidence of bribery.

What I have seen evidence of is frankly disgusting party political points scoring from a shadow chancellor who is using emotive terms that are likely to provoke public disorder.

• Like 2

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Lets think here ,money is involved hmmmmmm yup theres corruption somewhere or if a person is offered money and doesnt report it then hes just as corrupt and if his senior doesnt report it more so

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm guessing that no firestops were installed between floors, creating a chimney, perhaps because the operatives could not speak English.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

From what I've read the cladding and insulation failed tests carried out by the fire service however these tests may or may not be part of the requirements in the building regs. if the cladding met the requirements of the building regs then there is no case as these are the requirements that the contracter would have had to adhere to not necessarily a test devised by the fire service.

• Like 1

OK - so sadly,it seems I was right the last week.

There is an unhealthy relationship between local councils and the construction companies.

Now 34 high rise buildings (Flats) have now failed fire regulation tests.

They were passed first time in the new build - hey viva Espania !!!!

Just hope those tossers who passed them in the 1st place can live with themselves.

This is how it is - a £300 holiday in Benidorm saves £5.000. per build.

What price a life???

:shutup: I'm afraid it all depends on the specifications. Was fire retardant cladding specified? Were enough H&S questions asked? Or was it, "what can you do this job for"?

What evidence do you have to support this claim?

Seems to me that the manufacturers, suppliers and contractors said "these are your options, here are the specifications and these are the costs" and a decision was made by the building's owners .

I've yet to see any evidence to suggest tat anybody supplied or fitted anything that wasn't specified or approved by the people contracting for the job, just as I have yet to see any evidence of bribery.

What I have seen evidence of is frankly disgusting party political points scoring from a shadow chancellor who is using emotive terms that are likely to provoke public disorder.

Come on Ken, I can't believe your naivety on this?? - Bungs & Freebies are all part of the game!!!

Where there's money - there's a fiddle.

Come on Ken, I can't believe your naivety on this?? - Bungs & Freebies are all part of the game!!!

99.9% of the time though, No one dies so it never comes to light (please excuse the turn of phrase in this instance)

Be assured - Someone knew about the flammability of the cladding upfront - within the building regulations at that time or not.

Edited by Martin56

Yes, we all know that but without specific evidence, your wishy-washy claims are no better than a conspiracy theory.

Like I said in response to your previous post:

The PM has announced a public enquiry. Don't you think we should await the results?

The truth will out, but you are far too quick to apportion blame.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

If I had specific evidence Ken I'd be a Barrister - doesn't take one of those in this case

Yes, we all know that but without specific evidence, your wishy-washy claims are no better than a conspiracy theory.

Like I said in response to your previous post:

The truth will out, but you are far too quick to apportion blame.

A Barista of the Starbucks variety could work this one out!!!!

The Government will already know by now how it's happened - they're just hanging back as to how to handle it IMO.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all - but like to think I have some life experience.

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1