Pittance of a fine

Andrew

For Google. Whats that to them. Corruption yet again in big business

Google fined £2.1bn by European Competition Commission"Google has abused its market dominance as a search engine," says European Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager, after the company was fined £2.1bn

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

As a search engine google is leader mainly because its the best ,you can choose what search engine to use so whats the problem? Perhaps some of our EU chums have a few euros in an alternative one thats not getting enough income ?

If i were google i would start closing the offices in the EU zone and put the workers on the dole then see what happens

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 5

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Spot on mate. If you don't like Google there are loads more to choose from.

https://searchenginewatch.com/sew/how-to/2343048/escape-google-with-these-12-search-engine-alternatives

I use Wolfram Alpha when I want data and want to do maths and graphs with it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Reminds me of the huge sting they gave Microsoft a few years back.

The EU commission is just treating these companies as cash cows.

In the position of Microsoft or Google, I'd have given serious consideration to complying with the commissions demands but refusing to pay the fine.

At the first sign of further action, I'd then block use of Google/Internet Explorer for every computer linked to every ISP in every capital city in Europe, first for an hour, then for a day and then permanently if needs be.

Nobody has to use IE or Google but we all do for good reason. We could go find an alternative. They could refuse to provide access to their services.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Spot on mate. If you don't like Google there are loads more to choose from.

https://searchenginewatch.com/sew/how-to/2343048/escape-google-with-these-12-search-engine-alternatives

I use Wolfram Alpha when I want data and want to do maths and graphs with it.

I used google just now and used the shopping link for the first time ,its no different to ebay or amazon putting 'recomended' items at the head of its list as far as i can see ,the old geezer two doors away would probably buy at first look but most people look harder

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I use the Google shopping tool too, but it does not always give the best price.

Talking about shopping chesters, where did you buy that 1TB Firecuda from?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I use the Google shopping tool too, but it does not always give the best price.

Talking about shopping chesters, where did you buy that 1TB Firecuda from?

It arrived from amazon but in crazy packaging ,no foam insert just a drive in a sealed bag in a brown cardboard box loose in a larger box ,i complained but was told it was standard practice.

Would have to consult paypal to find the actual seller though.

Still as slow as normal disk but in scans by seagate disk software alls well ,i still think it needs the pc to hibernate rather than switch completely off (at the mains as well) to utilise the ssd bit

Found that windows file sorting dooda is also running the disk at 100% i must turn it off when i use the pc next

Edited by chesters1

No chesters it should make no difference. I reckon yours is not working properly. I put one in my laptop a few years back and one did not need to run any benchmarking or testing software to notice the difference, it was obviously quicker.

No difference at all to the old one ,i was going to return it but the palava of recloning the old drive back to 3 partition's off two seperate drives a royal pain in the bum .

Once pukka ssd drives drop down a bit more i may save up for one and put windows on that but as my win 10 is a series of upgrades rather than a stand alone win10 install isnt helpful ,doing a fresh install is a pain if you dont have a pukka win10 disk and the alternate recovery options dont work ,the reinstall without losing all your settings changes nothing so its a clean install but that means a week (i kid you not) reinstalling all my software and their massive updates on 2mb broadband

I will leave it alone until it breaks then grit my teeth but just installing a 20gb game is a nightmare that took 3 days with the machine on 24 hrs a day and its grinding away in the bedroom!

Bloody windows just keeps growing from the initial install the usr files are near 80gb it wont leave things alone it like keeping copies of everything

Had a peek at paypal but couldnt find the seller ,i may have used my card ,its not the first time buying from someone gets an amazon package its even happened using ebay!

Edited by chesters1

IS your win 10 licence a "digital entitlement" a "free" upgrade from Win 7 or 8?