Norfolk Broads - Help needed

wotnobivvy

Going on a family weeks holiday on Friday. Somehow my fishing seems to be ready ! I have packed 2 float rods and float fishing gear only due to weight restrictions. The boss has vetoed live maggots so I have artificial ones, along with plastic sweet corn , all various colours, and some crumb groundbait . The route will be all north of Yarmouth, as again the boss doesn't want to cross Breydon Water. Any suggestions of places to moor up for a spot of light-hearted tiddler bashing, mainly evenings. Also places not to moor up. It is a family holiday so fishing is well down the list :sad2::sad2:

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

My late Dad used to go on the Broads & fished from the boat - no Idea of the Broads myself mate, but the float rods will stand a light Bomb with Luncheon meat & bread.

Maybe could sneak a small tub of Dendro's on board as well??

I won't tell!! :hypocrite:

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I would moor up at a pub the first night, have a right good drink then deliver a night of unbridled passion. Next morning casually mention how amorous the boat makes you feel and that you are so excited you cannot wait to get moored up again tonight at another pub .Continue this tack on a daily basis until she either backs down and tells you to buy some magotts or simply enjoy the week !

At my age that is just wishful thinking ! I will keep SWMBO happy as it is our wedding anniversary during the trip, and I am not a great swimmer

Hi Wotnobivvy,

earler this year I was at Potter Heigham and the river was stuffed full of silvers , mainly roach and perch . Two fisherman , with steady feeding , a few magotts a cast were taking a fish a cast this was above the main road bridge . Downstream , Yarmouth side there is Womack water with a parish staithe , but also some public mooring , though this would be a 10-15 minute walk to the village . It seems such a shame about the bait situation so, how about this for a solution, at Womack village staithe there is a small tackle shop ( cannot guarantee they would have bait but worth a try ) and at Potter you have an angling centre ( no longer called Lathams ) but they always seem to have plenty . Could you not just get a pint or so and simply use them all up so storage does not become an issue. The bait around here , I get mine at North Walsham and I would suspect from the same supplier is generally pretty fresh , I have been turning casters in my shed ( not fridged up) I bought them last friday and they only really just began to cast on wednesday so suitable shade on deck might be an answer. The water at both these venues is obviously tidal however this influence at Womack ( supposed to be a decent pub in village) is basically up and down . Potter is a different kettle of fish , depending on the tide it could be going either way but, the fishermen I mentioned were catching on the flood. Bread would be an alternative but if you wanted a couple of hours of fun Magotts are the answer . I think you would struggle to get magotts any where else . Hope you have a great time ,John

I'd put my foot down in a true, manly style, cross Breydon, and head off up the River Yare. Moor up outside Surlingham Ferry, great food and drink but also truly excellent for bream! Far less crowding or the dreaded stag parties down South too.

Just got back. Sweetcorn in small bits did the business, as the silvers were very small. Got some bream at Stalham boatyard on the last night. Had a few on artificial red maggot with a little dip. All the fishermen I spoke to said red maggots fed and on the hook were the killer tactic, but heyho we had a good family holiday