No petrol and diesel cars by 2040

big_cod

My son has a Tesla S and one of the potential downsides is that, although there are quite a few charging sites over most of the country, it takes about 30 minutes for a full charge. Sure, you can have a meal when the car's being charged. It hasn't happened yet, but what if all the charging points are being used?

Battery technology has got to improve, and history suggests that it will do so. As the old saying goes "necessity is the mother of invention".

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I still think it's a bold statement no more petrol or diesel cars by 2040 so what about wagons stacks of them big polluters on road and if you want to take your vechle abroad and vice versa .

One day "We'll put a man on the Moon" - That was far fetched at the said time.

Television!!!! "It'll Never Catch On". :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I still think it's a bold statement no more petrol or diesel cars by 2040 so what about wagons stacks of them big polluters on road and if you want to take your vechle abroad and vice versa .

I think an important word here is NEW

What they are saying is no NEW petrol or diesel cars.

Doesn't mean that all of the old petrol/diesel cars (or trucks) will disappear on the stroke of midnight.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I have had an idea, I think it might solve the electric truck problem with range.

How about you have one prime mover, or engine. Then you attach lots of cargo carrying trailers for the engine to pull..

If you put this on a special roadway you could run special cables so that the prime mover can pick up current to keep itself charged as it goes along.

You could call it, oh, I don't know, a train or something.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I think an important word here is NEW

What they are saying is no NEW petrol or diesel cars.

Doesn't mean that all of the old petrol/diesel cars (or trucks) will disappear on the stroke of midnight.

Your right no new but they talking about imposing tarrifs on so called polluting vechles obviously that will be well before 2040 so you will then be obviously pushed into doing away with your diesel or petrol without creating a scrapping scheme.

And think about this just where will they get the shortfall of cash they get from the hugh amount of revenue they get from the tax on fuels that's around 27 billion a year at today's prices so where is that cash going to come from .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

And where is the electricity going to come from as we are being told there is only just enough at the moment. Multiple nuclear power stations ????

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

And where is the electricity going to come from as we are being told there is only just enough at the moment. Multiple nuclear power stations ????

It's incredible that the government has made this pledge when not even mentioning what the fallout will be when this scheme is imposed not a whisper on the shortfall off the tax revenues it's laughable but nothing surprises me with gove it's looking like electricity is going to get a lot dearer in years to come .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

It's incredible that the government has made this pledge when not even mentioning what the fallout will be when this scheme is imposed not a whisper on the shortfall off the tax revenues it's laughable but nothing surprises me with gove it's looking like electricity is going to get a lot dearer in years to come .

A bit like labour when it insisted diesel cars were good then brown introduced the fuel tax escalator to punish anyone having the audacity to own vehicals using it

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

My son has a Tesla S and one of the potential downsides is that, although there are quite a few charging sites over most of the country, it takes about 30 minutes for a full charge. Sure, you can have a meal when the car's being charged. It hasn't happened yet, but what if all the charging points are being used?

Battery technology has got to improve, and history suggests that it will do so. As the old saying goes "necessity is the mother of invention".

The technology is improving all of the time, but it's also worth keeping in mind that the average person will not get anywhere near the range of the current vehicles in their normal daily use - so we won't need so many superchargers if people can plug in for a trickle charge wherever they are parked up. There are schemes at the moment putting such charging stations in kerbside from the street lighting. The superchargers are essential for people needing to make long journeys beyond their normal range, but what's really needed to make it work is more slow charging points and a change from the petrol/diesel mindset of "run it empty then quickly fill it back up" to "plug it in to charge whenever it is parked".