No petrol and diesel cars by 2040

big_cod

A bit like labour when it insisted diesel cars were good then brown introduced the fuel tax escalator to punish anyone having the audacity to own vehicals using it

What has Gordon brown got to do with this scrapping scheme well a scrapping scheme that you atually pay for your self the boss of Austin Martin has said to make a statement like this is absurd without any talk of the logistics and no talk of infrastructure investment that is needed to make this work that's without mentioning the billions that will be lost in revenue.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

What scrapping scheme it isnt mentioned ?

The problem is the amount of diesel cars and labour encouraged people to buy them ,then brown punished everyone by inventing a scheme to hike prices of fuel ,the trouble is the tax isnt ringfenced to counter the polution the extra diesel cars produce.

Your insinuation this government dont think ahead i remarked labour didnt either telling us diesels are better and actually lowering the prices so people bought them as a result diesel owners are going to be punished for the actions of the labour government but worse punished by whoever is control in the next 23 years to obtain a standard set by a lot of foreigners .

If were not in the EU tell them to get stuffed and bring in a simple law diesels can only be used when the wind is blowing towards europe

23 years is plenty of time to put things in place if the governments get on with it but i predict lawyers will make most of any money spent in putting it in place

Hopefully it goes further and airlines pay fuel duty to clean up their polution ,i hope the ban planes full stop!

Dont believe the hype electric is green its not nothing comes free and that includes trying to recycle knackered batteries every few years

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Do you think that the government of the day won't be able to think of a way to tax electric cars?

The cars and the technology to build them already exists. What will be needed to make the big jump forward are developments in batteries and charging systems, and that will come.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I wonder what government or PM is going to be blamed now, or is it just some fancy fantasy of Michael Gove :icecream: :icecream:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Theres fuel cell technology thats within grasp ,hydrogen is easy to install in forecourts dangerous but feasible .

Direct ethanol fuel cells are able to burn ethanol without first reforming it to hydrogen. That makes filling the car up a much safer option than hydrogen and the car is less likely to become a bomb in the event of an accident.

The downside is that it has to be transported because you can't just electrolyse water to produce it on site.

Vanadium flow batteries are a possible option for trucks and other heavy vehicles but they're tough to scale down for cars.

I suspect that many of the problems will go away though as future generations of battery technology give higher energy densities and shorter recharge times.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Direct ethanol fuel cells are able to burn ethanol without first reforming it to hydrogen. That makes filling the car up a much safer option than hydrogen and the car is less likely to become a bomb in the event of an accident.

The downside is that it has to be transported because you can't just electrolyse water to produce it on site.

Vanadium flow batteries are a possible option for trucks and other heavy vehicles but they're tough to scale down for cars.

I suspect that many of the problems will go away though as future generations of battery technology give higher energy densities and shorter recharge times.

I think ethanol has been used in south america for a long time ,how would you counter the CO2 produced in making it?

Unfortunatly theres polution somewhere along the line ,perhaps more than simply running a diesel car ?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I think ethanol has been used in south america for a long time ,how would you counter the CO2 produced in making it?

Unfortunatly theres polution somewhere along the line ,perhaps more than simply running a diesel car ?

Is there a need to? If it's produced as a biofuel, then unlike fossil fuels, growing the plant material, fermenting it and burning the ethanol doesn't add to the net amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.

The biggest issue would likely be using land that would otherwise grow food to grow fuel.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Hydrogen is a non-starter. It's horribly inefficient. The sole advantage is speed of refuelling, against which you have to set the disadvantage that you won't be able to refuel anywhere you park it.

Hydrogen is a non-starter. It's horribly inefficient. The sole advantage is speed of refuelling, against which you have to set the disadvantage that you won't be able to refuel anywhere you park it.

I don't think that's right.

Generating electricity from hydrogen in a fuel cell and then using that to drive an electric motor will deliver between 40 and 60% efficiency.

Internal combustion engines using petrol only manage 25% to 50% efficiency when used to power a car, with the remaining 50-75% being released as heat without being turned into useful work.

There may be issues relating to energy density/bulky storage but efficiency is good.