Women's golf

The Flying Tench

I don't normally follow golf, but I was fascinated to see that in the Women's open finishing today, apart from 2 Brits, all the others in the first eight were from South Korea of some other far eastern country -that includes one American with a far eastern background.

Yet the men's golf is dominated by Americans and Europeans. Why are the Asian women so good?

john clarke

Yet the men's golf is dominated by Americans and Europeans. Why are the Asian women so good?

Knowing very little about golf, apart from it's apparent pointlessness, (which is nothing like fishing of course) I might be inclined to alternatively ask why are the American & European women so bad.

The best theory I have seen put forward is basic hard work.

The women's game is much less power orientated than the mans game (shorter courses) so the key is precision and the only way to achieve that level of precision is to hit a lot of golf balls, in other words, practice.

Asians have a very strong work ethic, combined with very successful role models, so they put the time and effort in

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Start with Ping-Pong balls and work your way up....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Let's hope they stick to just lobbing a few golf balls!!!!!!!!! :cc_surrender:

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!