A few hours on a pleasant evening on the waggler.

BoldBear

I talked myself into a short evening session on the waggler on one of my clubs local waters on Saturday evening.

So armed with a tin of sweetcorn (which I had transferred to a plastic container), a half pint of reds, a Drennan Tench float rod, a small reel loaded with 4lb line and some size 14 hooks tied to 3lb hooklengths, I arrived at around 4:30pm.

IMG_0189.jpg

It was a lovely evening with hardly a ripple disturbing the surface and I caught a steady number of small Carp from around 2lb-ish up to around 5lb-ish all on sweetcorn.

Occasionally I'd try using maggot on the hook but every time I used maggot it would be snaffled by a roach or small perch so I tended to stick to using corn on the hook 90% of the time.

Here's a few of the small Carp that I caught:

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

There where two largish heron flying back and forth across the water with a much smaller and paler coloured heron sitting on a branch in the willow opposite me (probably one of their brood) I only wished that I'd had my camera setup ready at the time they were there..

It was another very enjoyable evening and even though I'd not caught any monsters they had all put a bend in my float rod.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 2

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Hi Keith, Very nice report & Pic's. You must try the Pescaviva corn - many flavours I like the TuttiFrutti (orange coloured) & Vanilla ones

Very large consistent size grains & can Freeze 3+ times easily without turning to Mush.

Nearly £2 a tin, but works out cheap with the re-freeze thing!!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pescaviva+sweetcorn&rlz=1C1CHWA_enGB610GB610&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiyueyg14zWAhWEK1AKHV5ZAJAQsAQISw

Use this more or less just for Hook - & feed mostly the cheap stuff. (Firing in 3 or 5 gains of this good stuff now & again)

I like odd numbers - like the turns when hook tying!! (7 or 9)

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!