Internet censorship?

Sportsman

'They' can access all my 'phone calls, txt messages, whatsapp communications and etc as much as 'they' wish, got no problem with it at all, nothing to hide nor be ashamed of.

"If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear". The mantra of the NKVD, the KGB, the STASI, the SS, et al.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

'They' can access all my 'phone calls, txt messages, whatsapp communications and etc as much as 'they' wish, got no problem with it at all, nothing to hide nor be ashamed of.

You were in the police force were you not ?

I reffer you to the 9,000 cases of blatant abuse by our trusted authorities between 2014 and 2016 if i remember correctly, a lot of which commited by the police.

Heres a few

The trial heard that Mr Gilbert had been involved in a dispute over a parking space at Asda with Zoe Forbes, 26, four days before his death. The court heard how Mark Forbes then plotted a revenge attack and traced Mr Gilberts address through a then-serving police officer.

____

A ruthless rapist found victims by getting a job as a care worker and trawling a councils database for

vulnerable young girls. Simeon Kellman, 43, used computer records to identify teenagers who had just come out of

the foster care system.

_____

The Telegraph reports that young women fleeing forced marriages are being betrayed by GPs and benefits staff

who collude with families to return them against their will, a senior police officer police has revealed.

Doctors and Job Centre workers are breaching confidentiality rules and passing on vital information to families,

allowing them to trace and punish Asian women who are attempting to escape coerced marriages and honour-based

domestic violence.

_____

The Daily Telegraph reports that a battered wifes confidential address details were twice passed to her ex-

husband by his girlfriend while she was working in a Government tax office. Mother-of-two Donna-Lee Camacho, 28,

lived in fear while her former spouse who cannot be named for legal reasons tracked her down.

_______

Home Office releases figures on numbers of staff disciplined and dismissed for misconduct relating to personal

data. Kable reports that the Identity and Passport Service has dismissed 14 people over the last three years,

most for abusing access to the passport database. Of 16 cases where data protection was breached, all but one

involved members of staff who had legitimate access to the Passport Application Support System database, and who

used this for unauthorised checks not related to their duties. The other case involved a contractor misusing

data to which he had legitimate access. The IPS is to look after the National Identity Register.

____

The Herald reports that Seven prominent BBC journalists are among a group of patients who have been warned that

their personal health records may have been inappropriately accessed by a doctor. Yesterday, patients caught

in the mysterious drama told The Herald they were deeply concerned by what might have motivated such behaviour.

One woman from Glasgow said: Its bad enough discovering that my private medical records have been accessed in

this way but whats really disconcerting is not knowing what this guy was up to. How come someone in Fife can

see NHS records for anyone in Scotland? Ive got absolutely no connection at all with Fife.

Just shy of 1,000 civil servants working at the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), were disciplined for

accessing personal social security records. The Department for Health (DoH), which operates the U.K.'s National

Health Service and more importantly all U.K. medical records, saw more than 150 breaches occur over a 13-month

period.

Between April 2010 and March 2011, 513 civil servants were found to have made "unauthorised disclosures of

official, sensitive, private and/or personal information. The year continuing, between April 2011 and January

2012, more than 460 staff were disciplined.

The DoH on the other hand said it did not log each and every breach of unlawful access to U.K. medical records.

It did say there were 158 recorded breaches in 2011.

Cleveland Police -

A special constable was dismissed for passing confidential information in relation to a detainee to a relative.

Metropolitan Police -

An officer found the name of a victim amusing and attempted to take a photo of his driving licence to send to his friend via snapchat

The officer resigned during disciplinary action.

Essex Police -

An officer has been suspended and is under investigation for abusing his position to form relationships with a number of females. It is suspected that he carried out police checks without a policing purpose.

Greater Manchester Police-

An officer informed an individual they were to be arrested. In response management action was taken.

Merseyside Police -

An officer inappropriately shared information. Allegation that officer has breached force confidentiality by attending a fellow officers house and informing him that a sex offender lived in his road. As a result of his actions the information was passed to a thirdparty outside the organisation

North Yorkshire Police -

Unidentified officer left paper file containing sensitive data in raided property. No action was taken as the officer could not be identified.

South Yorkshire Police -

It is alleged that whilst off duty, an officer has used mobile device to conduct a check on a vehicle. In response advice was given to the officer in question

South Wales Police -

An officer was dismissed without notice for photographing and disseminating restricted documentation for personal gain.

Dyfed Powys Police -

An officer passed a USB device to a member of the public. It contained sensitive police information, including intelligence reports, emails and public information letters relating to crime. In response informal action was taken by the force

Demonising people with the stupid "nothing to hide nothing to fear" strap line is bang out of order. Everyone has something to hide but that does not mean that thing is illegal. That copper tracking down an ex for example had feckin plenty to hide but hey ho nothing to fear right ? People like you are part of the problem. If youbthink really really hard i guarantee you have something to hide whichbis perfectly legal but you just dont want someone knowing. Your deluded if you think it could never possibly be abused. Its proven that it HAS been abused.

The scary thing is all the abuses above were on a limited set of data but now they want MORE data and with MORE gov agencies ablento access that amd all by the oversight of a damn politician. They cant even be trusted with the data they hold now ffs!

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Unfortunately, even without abuse, it is pretty much inevitable that the scope of application of any new power granted to the authorities will creep, and it will end up being used for purposes other than those it was granted for.

For example;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1499466/Heckler-82-who-dared-called-Straw-a-liar-is-held-under-terrorist-law.html

See also the powers given to police under Section 59 of the Police Reform Act which were intended to allow police to seize mini-motos being used by yobs with little legal recourse - it's now become an extra-judicial punishment for doing something in a motor vehicle that a copper isn't happy about but can't actually prosecute you for.

terrorism, our government and authorities love it. I may get shot down on here for that but I think its true. they push for more and more every time an incident occurs and ask.... no.... they demand, for things they know little about and ignore their advisors who are nothing more than a token gesture that the gov listens :doh:

I remember the terrorism act bullshite being used by local councils to spy on people putting their bins out early! feature creep indeed Steve. terrorism is a handy buzzword for people like Vitae who has nothing to hide. news flash, it has nothing to do with terrorism and everything to do with an overly paranoid and increasingly totalitarian government.

I think I'll move to china.

• Like 1

oh yes and the government supposedly giving permission to use rules intended for combating terrorism and the technology to the BBC to find out what addresses are watching Iplayer without a license.

scare mongering rubbish but you never know these days tbh.

• Like 1

My my, that's a lot to cover! Cory, I think I covered your points in a prior post, in any case, don't have any of them anywhere near me.

Andy, most of the incidents you refer to involve the illegal sourcing and use of information, I would imagine that the information was probably available from other sources perhaps not in the case of each victim but where one person would have been protected another more vulnerable person would take their place, My eldest Brother is a retired Senior Police Officer, I also have several friends who are retired Officers.

In the case of the Officer who took the picture on his phone, is that really an example of wrong doing by anyone other than the individual? What changes to 'censorship' would prevent that incident, most effective would be the removal of cameras from 'phones but the individual could use a Polaroid or even a photocopier to carry out the task. Perhaps your point is the photograph on the DL. which I don't have.

In the main my comments which have been taken to extreme, were centered on the current view of the Govt. that is to say the either end encryption on the likes of whatsapp. I would suggest that by far the vast majority are the same as me, hundreds of pictures and videos of children, grand children and not forgetting, the new puppy!

In this context, the only people who have any fear or indeed, anything to hide are carrying out illegal activity. Not forgetting of course that just because ISIS is flavour of the month, does not mean there are no other extreme viewed religious, environmentalist, animal rights or whatever type of activist out there right now.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

and another thing. if you are caught out or stitched up with any of these new terrorism laws and they gain "proof" from hacking you or intercepting communications you are not allowed to question, research or even see the evidence they hold on you, as such they are allowed to lie about the evidence and they do not have to produce it in court, you are not allowed to even speak of it, your lawyer cant speak of it and if you do, bad things may happen.

My my, that's a lot to cover! Cory, I think I covered your points in a prior post, in any case, don't have any of them anywhere near me.

Andy, most of the incidents you refer to involve the illegal sourcing and use of information, I would imagine that the information was probably available from other sources perhaps not in the case of each victim but where one person would have been protected another more vulnerable person would take their place, My eldest Brother is a retired Senior Police Officer, I also have several friends who are retired Officers. In the case of the Officer who took the picture on his phone, is that really an example of wrong doing by anyone other than the individual? What changes to 'censorship' would prevent that incident, most effective would be the removal of cameras from 'phones but the individual could use a Polaroid or even a photocopier to carry out the task. Perhaps your point is the photograph on the DL. which I don't have.

In the main my comments which have been taken to extreme, were centered on the current view of the Govt. that is to say the either end encryption on the likes of whatsapp. I would suggest that by far the vast majority are the same as me, hundreds of pictures and videos of children, grand children and not forgetting, the new puppy!

In this context, the only people who have any fear or indeed, anything to hide are carrying out illegal activity. Not forgetting of course that just because ISIS is flavour of the month, does not mean there are no other extreme viewed religious, environmentalist, animal rights or whatever type of activist out there right now.

the cencsorship, the abuse, the spying and the state approved hacking of the public are all one and the same debate imo. its all connected.

my point is that a lot of the abuses of held data by the police on THEIR database will soon be ever more reaching and with more authorities (food standards agency?) being allowed carte blanche to everything and with an iron fist in the not to distant future now that the IPB has been approved by the queen while large parts of that legislation are still to be completed (blank cheque anyone ?)

They have used this data to intimidate they have bent the rules waaaay out of their scope to get what they want even for personal stuff using their position of trust to do it. is that really the way we want things to be like in the UK. No thanks. I see it nothing more than having a stasi like police force who are above the law and allowed by our government to continue by putting in place pish poor procedures to stop it "do you promise not to abuse these super powers", "yes sir", "ok heres the password "username: admin, password: admin"

Theres also the opposite effect of data ,fred bloggs the mp gets done for kiddy fiddling and i think they can have any record of it removed from european search engines?

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson