Farnham Angling members please note

chesters1

Hi ,unfortunately Bill the head bailiff from Stockbridge pond died last thursday so any concerns regarding the pond please ring me dep head bailiff in permit thanks

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sorry to hear that Chesters, my condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

It was a short illness and at 85 had a good innings i think .I was going to finish being a bailiff 3 or 4 years ago but he said if i stopped he would which i think would have finished him off very quickly as it was the only thing to get him out of the house for excercise (we walked his sons dog after rounds ,same track same time all weathers) so i promissed him all the time he could get to my house i would keep an eye on him on his 3 days (i do two as well) so i think we got a few more years out of the old guy lol.

I would have stopped immediatly but being the only number left in the permit decided to keep on until the new permit comes out in April incase some clot locked himself in ! (Not unknown) or needed info on how the pond is fishing etc.

Trouble is its time consuming on my two days the mornings gone as i walk down and back if we have to go to town its a mile walk back in the dark with no pavements this time of year,if i had my old honda it was no problem fitting it in but i cant afford to buy a motorcycle nowadays and i have tried a pushbike but destroy them very quickly on the track to the pond lol

As for excercise metal detecting will fill the bill from now to the summer starts so not a lot of difference as i am now a fair weather fisherman so can squeeze in the odd couple of hours a couple of times a weekonce the mrs has her newspaper and chockies in the summer when its not suitable to detect

The two weekend bailiffs will have to fight over positions but being fairly remote getting new bailiffs is difficult or more importantly bailiffs that turn up !

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 months later...

Update .

The funeral went well and the Chairman and ex senior bailiff and one of our weekend bailffs and myself ofcourse went and a fair few scouts (he enjoyed his scouting days and spent hours telling of his adventures on skye and wales etc) not overlong which was nice .

The club has decided to install a bench with a plaque which is nice and the old guys ashes are going to be scattered in the swim he loved so he will be on the bank forever.

Luckily his wife has their son living close as she is in her eighties and almost blind .

Hopefully he catered for the end but it was about a month between going to the doctors and dying so hopefully those with loved ones on here will take a few minutes to think what will happen if they should die suddenly would their wives have everything to carry on until things are sorted.

In my case in the safe is an envelope with all the minor things written on it ,when the money comes in ,more importantly when the direct debits go out ,my passwords and pin numbers and those little things that count until she sorts out things for herself ,at least she wont starve

Being epileptic her memories awful so we moved dentists to alton and the doctor to farnham so theres no transport problems where there was with the old ones and i had a car ,she has the telephone numbers in the safe if the phones memory fails but planning the easiest thing is beyond her she cannot even remember our telephone number lol

Edited by chesters1