• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,724 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:49 AM

Hi ,unfortunately Bill the head bailiff from Stockbridge pond died last thursday so any concerns regarding the pond please ring me dep head bailiff in permit thanks

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Whitby scallops caught by scottish boats best that money can buy,the nearer the shore they're dredged the better they taste

#2 John S

John S

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,729 posts
  • Interests:Eating cage birds and missing out commas.

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:25 PM

Sorry to hear that Chesters, my condolences to his family and friends.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak,  Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Eyes4sml.jpg

#3 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,724 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

It was a short illness and at 85 had a good innings i think .I was going to finish being a bailiff 3 or 4 years ago but he said if i stopped he would which i think would have finished him off very quickly as it was the only thing to get him out of the house for excercise (we walked his sons dog after rounds ,same track same time all weathers) so i promissed him all the time he could get to my house i would keep an eye on him on his 3 days (i do two as well) so i think we got a few more years out of the old guy lol.
I would have stopped immediatly but being the only number left in the permit decided to keep on until the new permit comes out in April incase some clot locked himself in ! (Not unknown) or needed info on how the pond is fishing etc.

Trouble is its time consuming on my two days the mornings gone as i walk down and back if we have to go to town its a mile walk back in the dark with no pavements this time of year,if i had my old honda it was no problem fitting it in but i cant afford to buy a motorcycle nowadays and i have tried a pushbike but destroy them very quickly on the track to the pond lol
As for excercise metal detecting will fill the bill from now to the summer starts so not a lot of difference as i am now a fair weather fisherman so can squeeze in the odd couple of hours a couple of times a weekonce the mrs has her newspaper and chockies in the summer when its not suitable to detect
The two weekend bailiffs will have to fight over positions but being fairly remote getting new bailiffs is difficult or more importantly bailiffs that turn up !

Edited by chesters1, 27 September 2017 - 05:52 PM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Whitby scallops caught by scottish boats best that money can buy,the nearer the shore they're dredged the better they taste