Theresa May and 'that' cough!

Huge_Vitae

Difficult day again today, Mum has been very upset over the sudden death of her brother, he was the youngest of her siblings they were part of a family of fourteen! and she is now the sole survivor.

Anyway, talking to my Aunt, his wife today was very difficult, she has Alzheimer's and not a good subject at anytime, let alone every few seconds to say who I am and how she knows me but such things lots of us have to go through.

But, almost the worst part of it all was getting the feeling whilst talking to her that I was going to start coughing, had a snotty nose and wheezy chest for a few days and off it bloody goes....

"My mum is your husband's brother..... Cough, cough, cough, cough"

"Who are you?"

"My mum is your husband's brother... Cough, cough, cough, cough."

Repeat and repeat.

That got me thinking to a time when I could not stop myself coughing my head off whilst on parade, and feeling a bit sad, as I often do, I look to the situation around me and try to find something to laugh at or in the least amuse me, failing that I remember something in the past that gave me a laugh and it often brings a smile to my face, even if it's something I've done myself, after all there is an old Irish saying that says "A man who can laugh at his own mistakes is always seen laughing by the rest of the world."

That in turn got me to remember another lad who let go THE loudest wind escape I had ever heard within close proximity of some visiting dignitary. That was a smile and a half, nearly back to my normal state somewhere between insanity and elation I recalled being on close protection duties with my back to a set of steps leading to an aircraft, from the aircraft were alighting a large body of visiting VIPs from several African nations, a Flight of Queen's Colour Squadron were presenting arms and a band was playing whilst they came down in turn to be greeted by a Govt. Minister.

Now what could be so funny you ask? Well to avoid offence it had been decided not to play 'national anthems' as most of them were disputing boundaries etc etc so the band are playing tunes from Disney films to be as neutral as possible, brilliant idea!

This big African chap comes walking down the stairs, he must be a King because it's apparent that he doesn't take the bucket of ablutions from his hut, anyway, I get to the point in my memory where the band turn the page and......

I am the king of the swingers, a jungle vip, I've reached the top.....

Now, I am OK because I've got my back to them and I have the advantage of scanning the faces of the guard, priceless.

And there I am, happy and smiling and then I watch the news, various people are describing 'the speech' and that the PM and Govt should be embarrassed etc etc for the coughing fit and that by coughing it is a sign of this that or whatever, get a bloody life will you media, really.

See now I am peeved again but just now in getting it off my chest because I am laughing my Arse off even now thinking and typing. I am picturing May getting up on stage to deliver a speech, lifting up one leg and letting out a huge great fart, similar to the soldier mentioned but then smiling and saying "write about THAT in your paper.

• Like 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I agree totally H_V, all the bloody press (including the BBC) seem to be able to focus on is her cough (she's got a throat infection, show a bit of bloody sympathy FFS), some letters falling off the display behind her (Mays' fault or is there just a slight possibility that it's the fault of the people who put the display up?), and some 3rd rate funny-man trying to boost his own lowly ego - I'd have loved to have seen him tazered. Seems to me that the media, still including the supposedly unbiased BBC, are pro-Labour and anti-Conservative.

Not a Tory fan, but I'm not going to vote Labour again whilst that idiot is in charge.

Sorry to hear about the family woes BTW, my aunt has Alzheimer's and can't remember me or my mother (sister-in-law), her own brother, or even remember she has a son :(

• Like 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.