Catalonia Independance.

Huge_Vitae

Breaking News coming out from Spain, what is going to happen.

Was going to make a thread on this but it looks to change shortly.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I wonder if the pro separatists have listened to what some Political commentators and mandarins have been telling them.

Angela Rayner MP, last week on BBC 'Question Time', criticising the 'Police' for their behaviour, riding around on motorcycles shooting at people with shotguns, oh wait a mo, my mistake, that was Venezuela and they are OK, anyway behaving as they did. But, she was at pain to point out that the people of Catalonia had recently voted in Countrywide elections, those voters who supported 'Leave' (as good a word as any) ONLY got 48% of the vote against those who voted to 'Remain' part of Spain by voting for the party with that stated mandate numbered 52% and on that basis the matter was settled, INTERESTING!

Earlier I was listening to an 'expert', whilst appreciating and supporting that part of the United Nations charter giving the "Right to self determination, without external influence, their political status.... etc." He went on to say that IF Catalonia declared Independance it would not be recognised by the EU and they (Catalonia) would not be allowed to trade with other EU member states, going on to add that, in any case the major part of Catalonian income was from the banking sector and those banks have indicated they will move their business to other states.

WOW, just bloody WOW, I'd of thought they could read from a different playbook.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Negotiators required to sort out a new independent republic for Catalonia.

Think the e u negotiators can sort that one out during their down time.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

The use of violence to prevent political expression via a ballot box is the act of a tyrannical government and guess what will happen next time there is a clash between the federal police and Catalan independence activists?

The Spanish government could not possibly have handled this more incompetently.

It's the reaction from the EU (or lack thereof) that is mot interesting though. They should be condemning Spain for using bullying tactics to punish a state that wants to secede - but how can they given their response to Brexit?

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Interview with a member of Spain's ruling govt party, when asked about the brutality of the Civil Guard, hard to deny since we all saw it replied "That was the Courts".

Asked if it was a good idea to threaten to close the Catalonian regional Parliment, he replied "That is the Courts".

You can see a pattern here can't you!

"Well, if the Court decides that he ( Puigdemont) should be arrested, we should do that to de escalate the situation"!

Something tells me it's going to get worse before it gets any better. Perhaps the Civil Guard just need bigger sticks.

Do you think sticks will prevent them being chased out?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AowpqCyQATs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AowpqCyQATs

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Do you think sticks will prevent them being chased out?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AowpqCyQATs]

In the absence of emoji Ken I am forced to rely on your own detection of sarcasm!

The bigger sticks point is a suggestion based on the behaviour of the Spanish Govt up until now, they refuse to negotiate, perhaps the wrong word, let's use 'talk', declare a referendum unlawful and send in the Civil Guard, not Police, Civil Guard and then after all this say it was not them but The Courts!

If you accept that all as true then, like I said, perhaps the answer is bigger sticks!

An important difference, Civil Guard, Police. Not nitpicking, The Civil Guard is a military force which also conducts Police duties, but importantly to note it also undertakes foreign peace keeping duties and is jointly within the command of the Minister for Defence.

If the media declare it as a military force as some Catalonians are requesting, then its use in those circumstances breaches one of the EU charters which states that a member state must not use military force against its own citizens. Not going to happen, they are Police who will end up with bigger sticks, a euphemism.

Edited by Huge_Vitae

IIF Catalonia declared Independance it would not be recognised by the EU and they (Catalonia) would not be allowed to trade with other EU member states, going on to add that, in any case the major part of Catalonian income was from the banking sector and those banks have indicated they will move their business to other states.

I wonder if Nicola Sturgeon is listening....

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Not supporting or condoning the violence used, but just for the sake of balance.

The reporting was more than a bit one sided. Not all of the voters were pensioners or women only interested in peaceful voting. The Police had almost 500 officers injured, I assume that this was not self inflicted.

Some of the images of injured women and children were afterwards found to be faked.

The Guardia Civil was sent in because the local Catalan police refused to do their job

It is not uncommon for states to have quasi military police forces, but the G.C. are a police force, not military.

Catalonia is not a State

I agree that the Spanish Government reacted badly, but as is usually the case, there was a lot more happening than was reported in the UK media.

https://elpais.com/elpais/2017/10/04/inenglish/1507104937_874487.html

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Sportsman, on 11 Oct 2017 - 14:09, said:

Not supporting or condoning the violence used, but just for the sake of balance.

The reporting was more than a bit one sided. Not all of the voters were pensioners or women only interested in peaceful voting. The Police had almost 500 officers injured, I assume that this was not self inflicted.

Some of the images of injured women and children were afterwards found to be faked.

The Guardia Civil was sent in because the local Catalan police refused to do their job

It is not uncommon for states to have quasi military police forces, but the G.C. are a police force, not military.

Catalonia is not a State

I agree that the Spanish Government reacted badly, but as is usually the case, there was a lot more happening than was reported in the UK media.

https://elpais.com/elpais/2017/10/04/inenglish/1507104937_874487.html

Didn't see any coppers with blood. . However quite clearly a video of a man with torn tee-shirt covered in his own blood. There was clearly video evidence of coppers throwing their citizens down the stairs, coppers kicking those already on the ground and the worse view in my mind was of a copper dragging a female out by her hair as she was on the ground. I did not see any video violence being directed by the voters towards the well protected coppers. Shameful, beating up on your own with gratuitous violence.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..