Ophelia

Ken L

Air pressure at the eye is the lowest I've ever seen in he eastern Atlantic at 963 (it's been as low as 960 when it was further south) and as I write, winds are hitting 54mph off Scilly and are predicted to rise rapidly.

It's certainly painting pretty colours on the global wind map, but lets hope that everybody stays safe and that damage to property is minimal.

Anyone fancy surfing?

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Well, we're away for a few days, guess where? New Luce, in Dumfries and Galloway!

The storms not hit yet, but it's getting breezy. We were planning a trip to Whithorn, and the Wigton book fayre, but having a look at somewhere in land, and sheltered. Might try kite flying, not done it since the kids were small.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Earlier the light was very flat and yellow. It's brightened a bit since then, but now I can see the sun and it's a pale salmon coloured disc dim enough to look directly at.

We have a yellow-grey light here at 1523 hrs and big grey clouds racing in from the SW - not much wind at ground level - yet.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Been out detecting since 1 very weird weather ,really dark to the south so dark here i noticed the backlight on the detector ,strange and muggy but chill in the wind and with a large orange sun .

To the north it all looked fine!

Windy but not overly not enough to blow leaves off trees but collecting the ones on the ground into piles

I blame brexit

The devils jumps disapeared for a while and there was crackling in my headphone but no sign of lightening just dark with vast greay clouds on a dark grey background

I should have taken a photo of sun but its back to normal again now i have had a cuppa!

Not sure where this 24 degrees got to today watch said 13.2 in field and now the suns out 16 on the weather station dooda

The thing is the bad weather was supposed to go north of us so why the dark to the south?

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well, we went more inland, to Glen Trool, plenty of shelter in the glens. The storm has hit a bit later than first thought. On the way back to the cottage, plenty of fallen branches, causing me to slalom along the road, until we met with half a tree blocking the road completely. We spent 10 mins trying to swivel it round enough to pass, but a telephone pole hanging just by the wires, started to swing over our heads, so we turned round and beat a retreat. A 20 mile detour, brought us back to the cottage, but nearly 'blew the bloody doors off' the car when we were getting out. Sat with a cuppa, listening to the howling outside now, and trying to plan what to do tomorrow.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Saw the reason for the strange weather down south ,ophelia plus fires in portugal plus dust from deserts as usual poxy foreigners making our life difficult

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson