oil problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wotnobivvy

wotnobivvy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Genealogy, die cast models, Millwall FC, 00 gauge model railways

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

Went fishing the other day and there was a small oil leak on the lake. When I got home my trousers were spattered as was my landing net, net bag and unhooking mat. The latter 2 were wiped clean, bit the net, one of the rubberised type, needs cleaning. Any ideas on the best way to do it, or should I just bin it ??

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

#2 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

Went fishing the other day and there was a small oil leak on the lake. When I got home my trousers were spattered as was my landing net, net bag and unhooking mat. The latter 2 were wiped clean, bit the net, one of the rubberised type, needs cleaning. Any ideas on the best way to do it, or should I just bin it ??

Warm soapy water should do the trick mate??

(Washing up Liquid)

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#3 Tigger

Tigger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

Martin is right, fairy liquid or stardrops is good for dispersing oil and grease.  Best using quite warm water also.

#4 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:04 AM

Martin is right, fairy liquid or stardrops is good for dispersing oil and grease.  Best using quite warm water also.

Fairy Liquid will surely cope very well - especially if the oil slick was caused by a Royal Berkshire ,Extra Virgin Olive Oil drizzled, Sun dried tomato & Ham sandwich.

:nerd:

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#5 gozzer

gozzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:05 PM

If you have, or use, a jet wash, take them with you. A good blast, and rinse will shift almost anything.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John