"Study to be quiet."   ><((º>   My Blog

#2 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

All,

Truly odd.  There are two main types of euryhaline fish: anadromous and catadromous.  Seahorses are neither.  I  don't know of any species that can survive back and forth at will?

Phone  (yes I looked it up)

#3 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,730 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:06 PM

Spotted 6 times ! They are quit small what did they use a glass bottomed bucket from a rowing boat?
Never believe anything a charridy says next they will be demanding money for seahorse food and navigation stopped so the poor dears dont get upset

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Whitby scallops caught by scottish boats best that money can buy,the nearer the shore they're dredged the better they taste

#4 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:58 AM

Chesters1,

I am such a naive sucker.  It honestly never occurred to me this story just might be fake?

Is it true or not?

Phone

#5 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,730 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:45 AM

I dont know nor care i certainly dont fish for seahorses! Do they make good bait could more more pertinant lol

As its plain to see i believe nothing unless i witness it with my own eyes and even then i could be mistaken

The thames is tidal up to teddington lock so i presume some tougher than usual seahorses could live in brackish water if indeed it is? (Never tasted it myself)

Edited by chesters1, 11 November 2017 - 09:48 AM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Whitby scallops caught by scottish boats best that money can buy,the nearer the shore they're dredged the better they taste

#6 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

Chesters1,

I wondered if it was tidal.  I didn't/don't know the location of the towns mentioned.  Some of the largest common carp in the U.S. are in brackish and tidal waters.  They have a clear avenue to fresh water but spend very little time upriver.

Phone

#7 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,730 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:47 PM

Chesters1,

I wondered if it was tidal.  I didn't/don't know the location of the towns mentioned.  Some of the largest common carp in the U.S. are in brackish and tidal waters.  They have a clear avenue to fresh water but spend very little time upriver.

Phone

Teddington is in the outskirts of london (england) but the 'thames'is a moot point ,technically its far end could habour most sea life you have to define the end of the thames and the start of the sea which will change at every tide