Power Ray drone

Phone

All,

Not often something genuinely new comes along in sport fishing. Today I saw this device in action. No such thing as a "level playing field" anymore.

It was very cold at the river this morning and I only stayed a few minutes. That was plenty long enough to watch this amazing device in action.

Fish no longer have a chance. Furthermore anglers have no reason to learn watercraft. I'm old I know. This is a sad day for serious competitive angling.

http://www.powervision.me/en/html/pv/powerray.html

Phone

All,

Not often something genuinely new comes along in sport fishing. Today I saw this device in action. No such thing as a "level playing field" anymore.

It was very cold at the river this morning and I only stayed a few minutes. That was plenty long enough to watch this amazing device in action.

Fish no longer have a chance. Furthermore anglers have no reason to learn watercraft. I'm old I know. This is a sad day for serious competitive angling.

http://www.powervision.me/en/html/pv/powerray.html

Phone

Theres little difference to our bait boats except it can dive for close ups ,note the trailing aerial (if its one or perhaps a control line?) As wireless is hopeless under water.

Looks good though some thing for the bivvy boys to lose in the snags but under water so harder to find

I think though for general underwater exploration a great thing ,i once visited a house with a lake with a 6ft window in the side of it and it was enthralling ,nowadays you could get bigger windows i expect

I think the russians would snap them up looking for tanks in lakes it certainly beats getting sore arms throwing magnets

Not sure what you mean by competitive angling ? Do you mean matches ?(i find angling far from competitive ) in that case they could simply not be allowed as unfair to matchmen who dont posses them.

Our matchmen have any feature at all in the pond removed incase it gives an advantage why they wreck a pond when they can simply not use the swim with it in is beyond me!

PS on spotting the thread i thought you had posted in the wrong section and it was referring to a country and western singer or boxer

A bit nippy yesterday in the field detecting yesterday i thought about putting a long sleeved t shirt on lol

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1,

Minus 6 C. here. I guess I am just "anti-technology" when it comes to angling for sport. Or for that matter any "sport".

I once paid $300 for a license to shoot a buffalo. When I arrived the method sent me home. At about 200 yards armored jeep pulled a buffalo across in front of the shooting stand. The "sportsmen" waiting their turn were all keeping "warm" with adult libations and guns big enough to sink the Queen Mary.

Phone

Chesters1,

Minus 6 C. here. I guess I am just "anti-technology" when it comes to angling for sport. Or for that matter any "sport".

I once paid $300 for a license to shoot a buffalo. When I arrived the method sent me home. At about 200 yards armored jeep pulled a buffalo across in front of the shooting stand. The "sportsmen" waiting their turn were all keeping "warm" with adult libations and guns big enough to sink the Queen Mary.

Phone

Your just aging Mr Bush in the early 50's a fixed spool reel was considered cheating and by some probably the work of the devil despite it being around for decades ,generally though IMHO people who want things banned probably cannot justify paying for them lol

I dont have a car so why not ban them?

I too havee seen your tough hunting folks gaily yee hawing and laughing putting arrows through a tethered sheep ,its not the hunt thing even us limeys see as hunting ,its not actually mano a mano with a degree of peril for the hunter .

I dont see anything at all wrong if its saving your family from starving but the 'hunters' in question could have eaten a whole sheep each ten minutes before going by their girth.

If you going to kill something do it for a reason better than fun!

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...

PS on spotting the thread i thought you had posted in the wrong section and it was referring to a country and western singer.

Sorry, thought you said someone from Preston, said the partially deaf person. (Kept as cryptic as poss' - it's a family forum!!)

-

:oops:

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Chesters1,

Phone

I want one, or at least I'd like to play with one for a day or two.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote