One sentence of good news - just because

Phone

All,

Some companies with locations in Puerto Rico, where hurricanes have caused unprecedented death and destruction and power is not yet restored in many areas, have continued paying their employees despite store closures.

Phone

I expect they will earn it when the stores reconstructed ,nice if true though

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

When I was a lot younger, there was a garage just around the corner from me, it was on a fairly busy road, (Crouch Hill, if you really want to know) next door to the garage a friend of mine ran a corner shop (which wasn't on a corner but it best describes it), and one day he observed the following.

One of the mechanics has his van parked half on the road and half on the pavement outside the garage, he's gone to put a toolbox back in the side door of the van (on the road side), a passing car hit the toolbox and the mechanic did several pirouettes along the side of the van before falling in the road. He was more or less uninjured but quite shocked and was carted off to hospital. The bossman came out and asked where he was, when he was told, "he's gone to hospital", his first words were, "I'll clock him out then."

• Like 1

On 6th July 1988, on the night that Piper Alpha exploded I had just returned to the Multi Function Support Vessel Tharos to start a 14 day tour of duty as offshore medic. The MSV Tharos was the support vessel for the sector and at that time was located 300m from the Piper.

The Piper exploded at 10pm and we became the center of the rescue operations.

Medical teams from the beach arrived at around 01.00 so for three hours I was in charge of the medical care of the survivors bought to the Tharos.

In total we saw 67 casualties that night.

Not surprisingly, I was a bit drained afterwards, along with the rest of the crew on board that night so when replacements became available we were taken off and sent home to recover.

My replacement arrived after 4 days and I was very pleased to get home to a very anxious wife and a small baby.

You can imagine my joy to discover, later that month, that I had been docked 10 days pay for going home early :angry:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/