Travel rod

The Flying Tench

Thanks, Ken. I looked them up. I can't find the precise unextended length, but I have the impression it would be longer than the 75cm of the John Wilson travel rod I am thinking of returning. What do you do on planes? Do yo pay for them as an extra item of baggage?

john clarke

Last time I inquired, they wanted £36 for taking "Sports Equipment". Needless to say I didn't take up their offer & just bought bigger cases & paid Nowt' extra.

Cases were Dunlop from JD Sports & not dear at all, easily take 25 KG each & long enough for most Travel Rods - got My 12 foot Tele' Beach rods in!!

If you're really stuck - can cut the Butt end down a bit!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Thanks, Ken. I looked them up. I can't find the precise unextended length, but I have the impression it would be longer than the 75cm of the John Wilson travel rod I am thinking of returning. What do you do on planes? Do yo pay for them as an extra item of baggage?

Never been charged extra so long as I'm under the headline weight limit although some airlines do only allow a single item of checked luggage.

The drainpipe with the travel rods just straps to the side of a 75l backpack and although they sometimes point me to the oversize baggage counter because it's a bit awkward on the conveyor, I've had no issues.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Never been charged extra so long as I'm under the headline weight limit although some airlines do only allow a single item of checked luggage.

The drainpipe with the travel rods just straps to the side of a 75l backpack and although they sometimes point me to the oversize baggage counter because it's a bit awkward on the conveyor, I've had no issues.

Good shout Ken, one lesson I learned was to never again phone the airline on this type of issue - They're just out to make money.

OK so I bought bigger cases, & needed them anyway - but they're lasting us for many more Hol's.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!