What have they done to my song ?

wotnobivvy

There are Christians who are more likely to be offended by someone wearing a crucifix than a Moslem. It's Moslems you are talking about, Why are YOU being so PC? Call a spade a spade.

I'm NOT being PC, but the PC Brigade (re your "call a spade a spade" comment) would jump on YOU like a ton of bricks!!

Moslem & Muslim are both correct, though the term Muslim is more frequently used these days.

BTW, I have some very good friends who happen to be Muslim!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I'm NOT being PC, but the PC Brigade (re your "call a spade a spade" comment) would jump on YOU like a ton of bricks!!

Moslem & Muslim are both correct, though the term Muslim is more frequently used these days.

BTW, I have some very good friends who happen to be Muslim!!

Was it the Maltese falcon where Sam spade was in a cell and a screw said spade stand up and a negro did lol

Whoops can I say negro or is it person of African heritage ? Careful though you night upset those of ex slaves from islands who's shoulder chips give them a higher status than plain old Africans!

Afro Caribbean a negro that had a free boat trip hardly worth mentioning but if it gives a bit of status over the old folks I guess its fine

OK back to changes ,a mongrel is now a designer dog and strangely worth money whereas mongrels were not

Alsatians are were are again? German shepherds

My pet hate "areas" its not a frickin kitchen area its a kitchen ! You don't (probably next) call a front hall a walking area!

A small kitchen is now a galley kitchen !no its a small kitchen its not on a boat!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

A small kitchen is now a galley kitchen !no its a small kitchen its not on a boat!

A galley kitchen is the style/layout, whether small or large, (but usually relatively small): cupboards and worktops etc. just along two opposite sides with space to walk in between.

At a guess it's the same design as on a boat (but I've never been in a boat kitchen).

A galley kitchen is the style/layout, whether small or large, (but usually relatively small): cupboards and worktops etc. just along two opposite sides with space to walk in between.

At a guess it's the same design as on a boat (but I've never been in a boat kitchen).

Usually on narrow boats just that ,on ships I presume its a compartment of any shape or form where food is cooked ,on the Mary rose a big cauldren in the bilge errr area

Perhaps a galley kitchen in a house where you have to walk through to the back door its a hall area with cooking facility ?

Its just a frickin kitchen its not an area unless open plan its a room where you do your cooking ,ours has a washing machine ,we could say its a galley kitchen with on suite laundry facility ,nope its a kitchen

Just minute a galley didn't have a kitchen ,I doubt hot food was needed in bulk for a great number of slaves ,perhaps a small barbeque (area lol) for the officers

As the number of galley kitchens most probably outnumber the amount of galleys logic says galley (the boat) kitchens are called house kitchens ? Or just kitchens ?

Its not just kitchens it seems everything are areas now what was a bedroom is a sleeping area and a sitting room a sitting area and a dining room a dining area .

I presume a 1960's front room is called a guest area?

The term has revelance sure ,if you had a large room with a mattress in one corner ,a seat opposite and a gas stove in another and a table in the remaining one the term would be fine ,I don't I have rooms!

I think the old chap at the top could be a visual standin err area

https://thoughtcatalog.com/kevin-methuselah-plimpton/2014/09/the-old-persons-guide-to-hip-young-modern-lingo/

Its an age thing I guess there's words from my childhood long unheard some strangely taboo and further back even some letters of the alphabet gone!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

They were Mohammedans when I was at school.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

A couple more

Results have become outcomes

Operations have become procedures

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not