pretty crude faking on ebay

chesters1

Been looking for new water filters and spotted this crude attempt by some crook to defraud

Advertises these as 0.5 micron but if you look the real size of 5 micron has been altered in Biro by putting a crude 0. In front of the real size!

Typical Chinese crooks that flourish on eBay as eBay don't give a crap so long as it makes them money!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-x-0-5-Micron-10-Cartridge-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-Sediment-Filter-Water-Purifier/201925536099?hash=item2f03b32963:g:lx8AAOSw241YY40D

Rambles on about removing chlorine but sediment filters do not they remove particulates

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Psst. Wanna buy Capt. Cook's telescope?

An Ebay entry from New Zealand in 2007

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MakeTrack=true

The description says:

This old brass telescope is the original off Captain Cook's "HMS Endeaver", and was taken when she sunk in Fiordland NZ. It has been handed down for generations and been in storage for many decades. It really deserves to be held in a museum, but has been "lost" for a long time. As a boy, I admired and polished this telescope regularly for an old man very dear to my heart, a fifth generation boat builder, and treasure hunter of ship wrecks, before I knew its history. In fact I didn't know it's origins untill well after he died and left it to me. All I knew was it was his most treasured possesion, and when he was dying of cancer, he was torn between leaving me the boat he built for himself, or his telescope. Although he had a beautiful boat, filled with trinkets he had salvaged by diving shipwrecks, I am gratefull that I got the telescope. It has been my pride to own it for more than twenty years now.

The telescope is in orginal condition, with one cracked lense, and many dents from being well used so many years ago. It still has remarkable clarity, and impressive magnification for it's time, as a testamont to its original quality. More than probably, this is the very telescope used by Captain James Cook to sight both New Zealand and Australia for the very first time. Obviously, its cultural significance is huge to both countries. If anyone is prepared to pay what I am asking, the delivery will be negotiated after a deal is struck. This is the real deal, one of a kind, and was lost from the Endeaver when she sank, although it was (obviously) taken with the survivors before abandoning ship. I will be posting some pictures shortly, and also the details of the inscription inside the eye piece.

The bidding starts at $750,000 and you can use your credit card via PayPal. It's conveniently located right here in Perth too - maybe I should ask if I can inspect it before bidding?!

The historians will have a field day debating the likelihood of this being authentic. It's a good story, anyway!

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Hmm long swim from rhode island lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Been looking for new water filters and spotted this crude attempt by some crook to defraud

Advertises these as 0.5 micron but if you look the real size of 5 micron has been altered in Biro by putting a crude 0. In front of the real size!

Typical Chinese crooks that flourish on eBay as eBay don't give a crap so long as it makes them money!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-x-0-5-Micron-10-Cartridge-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-Sediment-Filter-Water-Purifier/201925536099?hash=item2f03b32963:g:lx8AAOSw241YY40D

Rambles on about removing chlorine but sediment filters do not they remove particulates

Outside of Engineering, Physics & Chemistry - 1/2 a Micron doesn't even exist - AND varies from one second in time to another depending upon temperature!! (The coefficient of thermal expansion)

25 microns = 1 thousandth of an inch.

1 micron = 1 thousandth of a milimetre.

At 20 degrees C

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Theres also the aspect of how much of the filter is .5 of a micron (it does exist ask a cyst) theres nominal and absolute versions of filters.

I use 1 micron but may get some 0.5 if i can find one at not a silly price.

Not drunk tap water for decades but no longer use reverse osmosis its to wasteful of water.

Thought about UV but wary of how much is needed to kill everything ,in a continually moving bit of water like a pond fine if the water goes past enough times it will expose stuff to uv long enough but in a tap?

As you know i dont believe anyone that includes water suppliers who say tap water is clean ,what is clean? The crude filtering they use isnt going to get rid of crypto or gardia its bad enough they turn a blind eye to chemicals ,luckily round here they dont put flourine in water (or do they but not tell us?)

I have somewhere a 0.22 membrane but to get enough pressure to force water through it bursts the pipes on my system but not worth upgrading the whole system to stainless unless i win the pools

Edited by chesters1

I don't drink tap water (or any other water) but I drink both tea and coffee made from it.

Would it not be simpler to just boil it and bottle it?

Yuk have you drank boiled water ,rather than water with potentian living bugs you turn it into potential bug soup lol

Tea tastes far better in clean water than ordinary tap water

A chesters1 top tip is if you have grandkids who demand sparklets drinks merely put the essence in basic sparkling water ,they dont know the difference and at 10p a litre plus essence far cheaper

As for simple you simply switch on a little tap and clean water comes out you just replace the 3 main filters every 6 months and the other 2 every 12 months cannot be simpler ,amazing how discoloured the first filter is for supposed clean water and slimey aswell showing bugs are resident in tap water

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

No, I don't drink boiled water, or any other water, I drink tea and coffee made with boiled water, it tastes of either tea or coffee.

I've not seen a doctor about any illness of mine since about 1960, (physical injuries yes, but illness, no), so those bugs don't seem to be doing me any harm.

When I was a grandchild, I had what I was given by grandparents, that would usually be some sort of squash made with carbonated water, (there would have been no demanding tolerated), I've still got granddads soda syphon in a cupboard somewhere.

Simple is turning on the tap and filling the kettle, no filters to replace, ever! :uhuh: