bluetooth woes

chesters1

We tend to thing new is better but strangely not with wifi!

Trying to downsize (litterally) our tv RF transmitter and headphones ,both work fine but bulky so i thought bluetooth ,we both have headphones hooray easy peasy the bluetooth ones are so modern should be better!

Why on earth was bluetooth invented? Its crap !

Seemingly in my case you cannot connect 2 headphones to one transmitter (as many as you like with RF if on same channel)

Even stranger is the inability even to connect a phone to a watch and listen to music !

Anyone know of a dual channel transmitter IE a dongle you plug in a tv and two people can listen at once or are our ancient RF versions superior?

Perhaps theres RF versions the size of blutooth ones for 99p

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Here Chesters1,

I DIDN'T READ IT

It is possible within the Bluetooth specification to have a Bluetooth master device connected to multiple slave devices, but there are limits:

> Prior to Bluetooth spec. rev. 4.1, Slave devices could only be connected to a single piconet at a time. The reason for this is because when the connection is initiated, the advertising device must synchronize it's clock to that of the initiator. So, a slave device cannot be synchronized to two independent free-running clocks at the same time, hence the one master per slave limit. Bluetooth 4.1 addresses this, so a slave device can be connected to two piconets simultaneously, however I don't know the exact details of how.

> The Bluetooth device you're using must be running a stack that supports multiple concurrent connections. Many Bluetooth stacks do support this, but there is a limit on how many devices can be connected at the same time, and the limit is usually related to the amount of memory available on the Master device.

> The type of connection you're using must allow for multiple instances of that connection on a piconet. This is easiest to explain by example. You can only have a single Bluetooth audio connection for music streaming. The reason for this is that the A2DP profile for audio streaming is designed to have only a single connection active at a time. So you cannot connect your smartphone to two Bluetooth speakers at the same time.

Given all that, you also need an interface to the Bluetooth device that allows you to setup multiple connections. So while this may all be theoretically possible, if the devices interface/software was not designed to allow for two connections at a time, you're out of luck.

phone

Hey bitchins far easier ,damned modern crap who buys it!

People are forcing you to use inferior gear!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

This might be the solution chesters??

Or google a bluetooth splitter??

Could try this first though.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=14&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiZs9X06-fYAhVGIsAKHer5DL8QtwIIpwIwDQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLXv0OZp6aXk&usg=AOvVaw2n_JbHBAbpEvNooR0Y3NGy

This bloke seems to know his stuff & works on TV & phone!!!

There are some smart kids out there :clap3:

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

This might be the solution chesters??

Or google a bluetooth splitter??

Could try this first though.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=14&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiZs9X06-fYAhVGIsAKHer5DL8QtwIIpwIwDQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLXv0OZp6aXk&usg=AOvVaw2n_JbHBAbpEvNooR0Y3NGy

This bloke seems to know his stuff & works on TV & phone!!!

There are some smart kids out there :clap3:

Edited by Martin56

Companies want the "GREAT UNWASHED" to pay twice for the pleasure when in fact (with a bit of clever play) can get away with just the once!!

Yikes bit pricy i may have to frequent street corners !

I will look into other versions to see if they are cheaper at source ,cheers

Perhaps they will work on my detector? Wink

Low latency is needed ofcourse ,bluetooth is incredibly slow so using a normal transmitter on a tv means the audio has a big lag so the mouths dont line up with what they are saying (no problem with RF) its even worse on a detector you dig holes 6" from the coin lol

Edited by chesters1

DOH found the transmitter cheaper but to use it you need low latency headphones as well ,i will stick to rf!

• 4 months later...

Update ,first i went for a bigfox transmitter and earto headphones but there was obvious crackling (possibly my arm hiding the transmitter by my elbow on my detector) both are fine on my tv with no obvious lag on lip sync then the problem was only one person could hear the tv!

To get round this i then bought the recomended transmitter but for less than normal using a voucher and bought the battery version so it can be used on the detector then bought a set of archmage headphones which have even less lag as both are bluetooth 4.2 the headphones last a week between charges! The earto a couple of days.

Obviously bluetooth is still not perfect using both headphones at once theres occasionally choppiness but on a tv fine .

My home made RF system strangely works on everything BUT my detector so the bluetooth compromise is ok ,my other newer machine has it built in with a receiver stuck to the headphones but theres no pairing system so not suitable for other wireless phones unless plugged into it which kind of ruins the concept of wireless

Edited by chesters1