Otter Petition

Chris Plumb

you missed out TAT's goosanders, they wanted them dead as well.

Radipole lake, Weymouth it's a bird sanctuary lots of cormorants drying their wings on man made perches. What's directly below them, yup quite a healthy day ticket roach fishery.

How's the avon 'getting on' mass devastation caused by cormorants. They ate all the errrm roach apparently, according to TAT and their mates, they missed the healthy dace stock though, kin fussy eaters them birds.

LOL, yes very fussy eaters!

Surprising how predators are being used as a scape goat by the EA and it's of shoot the AT.

By the way, if anyone doesn't know it, the EA actually fund the AT and pay the chosen few who work for the AT with anglers rod licence money. Anglers are that thick they suck it all up and think the AT is a seperate thing alltogether lol.

I've fished alongside otters during the winter months for years. Apart from the occasional disturbance - most of the time they swim straight past - I'm yet to notice any decline in sport/drop-off in catches of specimen sized fish.

The brutal truth is that I have far more in common with the creatures than 99% of anglers in Essex. For one thing, we are all but the only ones out fishing the rivers at night, whatever the weather, for miles around.

Things may be different on managed still waters where fish are more akin to pets/livestock than traditional angling quarry, but I'm more than happy to share my favoured surroundings with kindred spirits.

• Like 2

Sb,

I believe this was the last "hot topic" before your departure five years ago. Welcome back, just pickup where you left off.

We will be OFF on cormorants soon enough, then I suspect, more to your liking, eels will be in order. Moaning angling topics is like milking a cow, the difference is cows have to be milked twice a day whilst anglers pull each others chain twice a year.

Phone

(You're probably correct about some commercial overstocked puddles and otters)

Things change with humans when xxxxxxx becomes OUR xxxxxxx

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm given to believe that Otters only take what they need, as against Mink and Cormorants which kill for Fun.

Mink & Cormorants should all be shot on sight as vermin IMO.

Air Rifle & Shotgun enthusiasts could be invited onto fisheries on (safe to shoot) none fishing days!!

Most commies have a day off from fishing once a week.

PS - I know of one or 2 fishery owners who already shoot them on the side!!!

It's only the "OK YA, Liberal Minded Tossers" who are standing in the way - they just don't get it!!

(In Government I mean - not to offend anyone on here for those of whom don't necessarily agree with my opinion)

And - Just to re iterate - It's Only My opinion!!!!

Explain to me how either mink or cormorants, especially cormorants understand the concept of fun

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Even in those conditions I doubt that "fun" is the right word - just instinct trying to deal with more food than they know what to do with.

And prey having nowhere to run to or to hide.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Niether did I when I lived my grandads farm and the fields where strewn with chickens when a fox had paid a visit.

When I was keepering I picked up 90 poults that a fox had killed. Both the chickens and pheasants had only had theeir heads chewed off.

I've had stoats in my own small hen house and tehy've killed most of the hens and left the others with burst eyeballs etc.

Those are totally different senearios though, you know that Brian.

In normal conditions animals don't kill for fun.

Household cats kill things and leave it but that's because they have to fullfill they're instincts but have no hunger for the kill.

You know my opinions on cats....my dogs have the instinct to kill 'em and they often look like a rat when the bead is on 'em!

So how come my aunt who has at last count seventeen border collies and also keeps cat's has never lost one of her cats to one of her dogs? Your dogs kill cats because you have taught them to. Cat's and dogs raised together seldom fight. Edited by corydoras

So how come my aunt who has at last count seventeen border collies and also keeps cat's has never lost one of her cats to one of her dogs? Your dogs kill cats because you have taught them to. Cat's and dogs raised together seldom fight.

You got that the wrong way around....your aunt has taught her dogs not to kill cats.

Lions eat people but if brought up by humans it twists their brains and the people can interact with them....often the lions will have a twinckle of instinct come through and kill the keeper. I actualy know someone that happened to in a Tiger enclosure.

So no, i've never trained my dogs to kill cats, it's their instinct to do so and I simply haven't got them tolerant of cats.

However, I have trained them to walk by my side through fileds of livestock! But if I allowed them to they would without doubt attatck the livestock.....because it's their instinct to do so.

People like yourself just have no idea of reality and you think it natural for rabbits and foxes to cuddle up together...lol at you hahaha.

It is natural ,i have seen rabbits foxes and badgers all exist in one bank ,foxes are canny they save the easy stuff for hard times when the food on their rounds dries up for a few days

Generaly ill trained dogs is down to owners not dogs ,our old cat even knew not to hunt birds and mice the kids brought home but had no problem decimating them in the garden lol

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It is natural ,i have seen rabbits foxes and badgers all exist in one bank ,foxes are canny they save the easy stuff for hard times when the food on their rounds dries up for a few days

Generaly ill trained dogs is down to owners not dogs ,our old cat even knew not to hunt birds and mice the kids brought home but had no problem decimating them in the garden lol

Yeah, but they won't be cuddling up to oneanother though.

I don't deter my dogs instinct to kill cats, if they're over the fields hunting birds, frogs, voles etc etc they're fair game imo. They need to be euthanised like any other vermin.

A m8 of mine was over is Ozz recently and his friends where always having cat hunts...they even barbecued some of 'em lol.