gozzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,524 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:20 AM

Gutted!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...uffolk-42887063

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

#2 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,853 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:42 AM

Gutted!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...uffolk-42887063

John.

Yes my mrs showed me a report on her news app lol still its gold coloured .

I found a 'sovereign' ring yesterday which on exposing looked great (i can see why gold fever exists) but it was a fake much to the disapointment of the mrs its hard stuff to find with a detector despite it being in electric circuits its a pretty bad conductor of electric so most detectors think its iron or foil.
The finders should have got a clue it was fake by where it appeared on the detectors scale my ring came out as copper

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Whitby scallops caught by scottish boats best that money can buy,the nearer the shore they're dredged the better they taste

#3 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,681 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:59 PM

Chesters1,

That story came out on my "news feed" the other day and I instantly thought of you.  You are a world wide influence.  If you "ring is solid copper it still may be an "antique" and not a totally lost cause.  Keep the faith!

I have to say, unshakably, I still have gold fervor dreams, same as I did in my boyhood.  Maybe worse - I now include gem stones, diamond, ruby, emerald in them.  The only difference is I am much more greedy today than when I was a boy.

Phone

#4 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,853 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

Chesters1,

That story came out on my "news feed" the other day and I instantly thought of you.  You are a world wide influence.  If you "ring is solid copper it still may be an "antique" and not a totally lost cause.  Keep the faith!

I have to say, unshakably, I still have gold fervor dreams, same as I did in my boyhood.  Maybe worse - I now include gem stones, diamond, ruby, emerald in them.  The only difference is I am much more greedy today than when I was a boy.

Phone

I dont know where you live Mr Bush but theres plenty of goldfields and ghost towns to visit for gold in them thar hills or follow Chicago Ron lol
https://m.youtube.co...ist_app=1&app=m

Edited by chesters1, 02 February 2018 - 03:56 PM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Whitby scallops caught by scottish boats best that money can buy,the nearer the shore they're dredged the better they taste