25 replies to this topic

#1 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:55 AM

All,

Pure Fishing Pflueger Supreme QRS Fly Reel (Fly Fishing Reel)
pure-fishing-pflueger.jpg?itok=jp0f4Pmt

Pure Fishing Pflueger Supreme QRS Fly Reel

Zach Stovall / Sport Fishing

The top Fly Fishing Reel at this year's ICAST was the Pure Fishing Pflueger Supreme QRS Fly Reel. It offers an interchangeable large arbor cassette spool with a unique identification system. The polycarbonate cassettes are secured in the spool carrier by an advanced locking system enclosed with stainless steel and alloy construction. Each reel comes with two large and two medium-sized cassette cartridges to allow up to four different line weights.

Price: $149.95

Is available as a Centerpin steelhead reel.  

Phone

#2 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:03 AM

All,

While on topic - here are this years new reels

https://www.sportfis...for-2018#page-7

Phone

#3 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:25 AM

All,

While on topic - here are this years new reels

https://www.sportfis...for-2018#page-7

Phone

Forgive me mate - but shouldn't this be on the Fly Fishing Forum - rather than the coarse Forum??

It Maybe that the coarse Forum gets more exposure?? I get that!!

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#4 Steve Walker

Steve Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,477 posts
  • Interests:Coarse, game and sea angling. Cars, gardening, cooking, lousy guitar playing. Stuff.

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:38 PM

Fly reels and pins are very different beasts.

#5 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,231 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:46 PM

Polycarbonate ,isnt that like graphite (and most rods) just a term for 'plastic'?
I suppose even metal is in a state of plasticity at some time lol

Hopefully they all have UV protection one of my garden boxes fell to bits when i put a weight on it (car wheel) although some UV dulling mix must have been used the plastic was a third as thick as its identical one kept in the shade!
It obviously disapears in the sun but there isnt a sign of plastic dust so i presume the oil in it eventually wicks out degrading the plastic?

Might as well put in a top tip ,dont grease plastic wheels the grease turns the plastic to jelly and they break!

Edited by chesters1, 22 February 2018 - 04:53 PM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Whitby scallops caught by scottish boats best that money can buy,the nearer the shore they're dredged the better they taste

#6 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

All,

Martin, the reels in the SECOND post are spinning (spincast) reels.

Steve, Only in the UK are "centerpin" reels "centrepin" reels. The rest of the world uses them for angling.  I am no expert but the reel is a critical component of connecting the angler with the target.  If Pure Fishing says "available in steelhead "centerpin"" they are experts.

Chesters1, They do look like plastic don't they.  They are plastic. In the US it is important to have a reel that is bullet proof.  It is also not subject to petroleum degradation.  As for anything more technical try the internet.

Phone

#7 Steve Walker

Steve Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,477 posts
  • Interests:Coarse, game and sea angling. Cars, gardening, cooking, lousy guitar playing. Stuff.

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

I didn't notice that point - would have to be quite a different design to work well.

#8 Phone

Phone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:31 PM

Steve,

I like to stay right up in the faces of pinheads. Most ridiculous piece of kit on the planet.  Now as an expensive toy for grown kids - I understand they are not to be trifled with.  This has been typed with invisible ink for my personal protection.  Invisible ink and a 3000 mile pond should do it

Phone

#9 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:34 PM

Steve,

I like to stay right up in the faces of pinheads. Most ridiculous piece of kit on the planet.  Now as an expensive toy for grown kids - I understand they are not to be trifled with.  This has been typed with invisible ink for my personal protection.  Invisible ink and a 3000 mile pond should do it

Phone

OK Phone, let's say I hooked a good fish using a Centrepin THEN passed the rod to you to play the fish - I Guarantee you'd be thrilled with the ensuing fight!!  :fishing:   

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#10 ayjay

ayjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,065 posts
  • Interests:Knife licking: birdwatching : :playing with mud and fire: beer.

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:56 AM

OK Phone, let's say I hooked a good fish using a Centrepin THEN passed the rod to you to play the fish - I Guarantee you'd be thrilled with the ensuing fight!!  :fishing:   

I doubt it: Phone, utter Philistine that he is,  would prefer that you put him at the helm of a trawler.