So - How much would Armed US Teachers want Paying?

Martin56

So Trump wants a "Select" number of Armed teachers employing to protect pupils from shooters!!

OK, so the shooter has a High powered Rifle from half a mile away - Teacher has a .45 Smith & Wesson in desk.drawer.

Result = same dead Kids.

He's not right in the head!!!!!!

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

And not in the right bit unless they all fish?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Given that a trained gun-toting policeman elected not to risk his life, can you imagine the average teacher facing a repeating rifle with a hand gun ?

Carried to its logical conclusion Trump's thinking will have the schoolkids themselves armed to the teeth

Playground squabbles would not last long.......... :unsure:

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Only unless none of them fish

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Given that a trained gun-toting policeman elected not to risk his life, can you imagine the average teacher facing a repeating rifle with a hand gun ?

Carried to its logical conclusion Trump's thinking will have the schoolkids themselves armed to the teeth

Playground squabbles would not last long.......... :unsure:

I think going by the metal detectors and armed guards that appear to exist at every school entrance in the media thats not a new thing ,i suppose those that favour home schooling just use their dads or drunk dad uses his?

Makes me laught the "land of the free" is dictated to by the NRA

Edited by chesters1

So Trump wants a "Select" number of Armed teachers employing to protect pupils from shooters!!

OK, so the shooter has a High powered Rifle from half a mile away - Teacher has a .45 Smith & Wesson in desk.drawer.

Result = same dead Kids.

He's not right in the head!!!!!!

Most of the school shootings haven't been done from 1/2 a mile away though, they are done at close range with the killers often moving from room to room, in those cqb conditions a handgun is actually a pretty effective weapon.
  • Like 1

I think going by the metal detectors and armed guards that appear to exist at every school entrance in the media thats not a new thing ,i suppose those that favour home schooling just use their dads or drunk dad uses his?

Makes me laught the "land of the free" is dictated to by the NRA

The problem with guards and metal detectors at the entrances is they create nice little choke points which make an easy target for any prospective killer.

The solution to too many guns is not more guns.

It does at least look like a few more US citizens are beginning to smell the coffee, it's only a matter of time, (and doubtless a few hundred more wasted lives).

All,

Some problems:

Every school in America issues students laptop computers. They set metal detectors off

Ajay is correct - however - the cat is already out of the bag - couple hundred million guns already out there

The most likely victim of a gun in the classroom will be the teacher

Armed educators lesson the impact or importance of gun ownership (I carried a jack knife the first 10 years of school)

Armed and trained guards (even if they don't run like a coward) has a real downside in a cost/benefit equation

Most schools since - ohh - maybe the 80's are not a "school" but rather a campus. You can't guard everyone - say soccer practice.

Now - CALM down - between the time of our first white emigrants and the time we realized the King was a jerk was 250 years. Guns were EXTREMELY important during those years. America is not even close to being 500 years old. My hope is we will get our chit together eventually. In the meantime we MUST start identifying those who already have guns and those who wish to purchase a gun. A startling fact - every mass shooting since 1968 the perpetrator was a mental health patient. In 2016 two billion three hundred million prescription were written for mental health patients. Sure - "Not guilty by reason of insanity" - it is perfectly OK to go buy a new gun - you were not guilty. I can go on and on about who and who should not have a gun. Perhaps the WORST candidate for both the position of a guard at school and a person likely to be not stable. Consider a well trained soldier - OHH WAIT the guy has PTSD - NOT A PROBLE - hire him today - we need school guards badly - - - - yea right - - - - - how do you figure that's gonna work out??????

Phone

The problem is so ENORMOUS the general public is baffled where to start.

Edited by Phone