So - How much would Armed US Teachers want Paying?

Martin56

The solution to too many guns is not more guns.It does at least look like a few more US citizens are beginning to smell the coffee, it's only a matter of time, (and doubtless a few hundred more wasted lives).

The Gun culture in the U.S. is now way too far down the line IMO for there to be a solution & News articles on Incidents resigned now to Page 5 of the tabloids Below "Katie Price has a new Boyfriend", such is the regularity!!

That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but you get my Drift!!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Armed teachers would further exacerbate the underlying "ho-hum" attitude of gun violence.

Phone.

Yes Phone, I totally agree - Problem is the Billionaire Hillbilly - Trump, Thinks otherwise!!

Swimming Pools, Movie Stars - Oil that is - .Black Gold., Texas Tea!!

Maybe we'd be better off with Jed Clampett, Jethro, or even Ellie May as President!! (Miss Drysdale - the US version of Theresa May could be stretching it a bit??)

Edited by Martin56

Trump will now probably Bomb or even Nuke North Korea to detract from stuff closer to home he can't deal with!!

Edited by Martin56

Trump will now probably Bomb or even Nuke North Korea to detract from stuff closer to home he can't deal with!!

I assume that would be the same "stuff closer to home" that the previous president (who was presumably more to your liking) also failed to deal with.

I seem to recall the British press and satirical shows like Spitting Image dealing with Regan in much the same way that they are now dealing with Trump and he finished up ending the Soviet Union and creating a buoyant US economy.

North Korea has already made bigger steps toward reconciliation (taking part in the Olympics, high level meetings with the South's government and a rather sudden cessation of sabre ratting) in response to Trump's crushing sanctions than it did under two terms with Obama and the US economy isn't exactly doing badly, with record employment and stock prices.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The Gun culture in the U.S. is now way too far down the line IMO for there to be a solution ...........

The gun culture is a relic of the days of "The Wild West" : an injun behind every bush, outlaws, cattle rustlers, gold prospectors, general lawlessness everywhere except for the law of "The Six Gun".

That is gone, just the guns remain, it won't happen overnight but eventually the majority will grow up and realise that it's over and that guns are not a necessary part of everyday life. It has started.

You only have to look at something like Nature Conservation to see how values can change, the kids learning about that now are second generation, their parents were among the first to be introduced en-masse to the knowledge that something needed to be done, those kids will be in charge in the not too distant future and the process will accelerate, (I find that very heartening).

Gun culture is no different, it must happen, it will happen. You and I won't see it, but it's coming, someone eventually will have the balls and the nous to make it happen.

Agreed. The constitution provides for a huge amount of inertia and gun rights are intertwined with a whole slew of other values, but more and more people are seeing America as the odd man out and realising that school shootings need not be an everyday part of life.

Change will come but it will come slowly.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

My View is that it is a gun problem that the USA will never be able to overcome.

After 200 years of their gun culture,even if they tomorrow tried to control guns, all that would happen is the law abiding owners would be controlled and the illegal owners would go about their daily activities just as before.

We, The UK have tried this after Dunblane and Hungerford, I cannot remember which and all that happened is that sporting owners of firearms ( handheld) now cannot hold them. This has made no difference to the crime level and will not.

Multiply this problem 10,000 times for the USA and there you have an insurmountable situation.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.