Cambridge Analytica

Martin56

Google the same put a search In for holiday etc ,anything at all then bang your bombarded with adds especially the ones who pay them the most but thats the world we live Facebook is excellent for promoting buisness for literally nothing except they steal your profile who says nobodys scanning this forum as soon as you hit the net your vulnerable doesn't matter which way you look big brother is watching you you might think you are invisible but you defernetly are not .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Sure. Thats the deal. You get the service for free, they find out stuff about you and monetise it. If you dont want that, dont play.

The trouble is Steve, that if those who play are used as templates for political decisions, then it can also affect those of us who don't play.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

From what I have read, they weren't that good at what they did, according to some of their customers. Of course, that might just be a bit of after the fact excuse making

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Well, their military and government clients aren't exactly likely to be in a rush to announce that SCL Group helped them dupe their people now are they?

Interestingly, they were involved in Brexit.

As to whether they had an effect, I don't know, but with no social media presence and no TV, I can be reasonably sure they didn't affect me.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

John, its just an elaboration of the traditional dark arts of politics. Targeting their messages and gathering feedback on how they are received.

The forum is stealing my apostrophes

Edited by Steve Walker

Sure. Thats the deal. You get the service for free, they find out stuff about you and monetise it. If you dont want that, dont play.

I'd add that if one can't be bothered to learn how to set up your facebook account permissions then toughski shitski. I have different groups set up to control who can see my stuff. I seldom make "Public" posts and seldom post anything to the generic "Friends" group.

I don't see adverts I have AdBlock installed. I'd be lost without either FB or Skype. I can talk to my kids in France for hours at a time and it cost me nothing.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I'd add that if one can't be bothered to learn how to set up your facebook account permissions then toughski shitski. I have different groups set up to control who can see my stuff. I seldom make "Public" posts and seldom post anything to the generic "Friends" group.

I don't see adverts I have AdBlock installed. I'd be lost without either FB or Skype. I can talk to my kids in France for hours at a time and it cost me nothing.

I am in Australia as we speak watts app brilliant exactly the same talk all day for nothing all over the world if you wish plus I got a 3 sim before I came over swapped it in the iPhone it gives you the same minuites and data in Australia and New Zealand as the uk actually contracted to Vodafone and will put there sim back in the phone when I get home but in Australia they want your eyes out . Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

I am in Australia as we speak watts app brilliant exactly the same talk all day for nothing all over the world if you wish plus I got a 3 sim before I came over swapped it in the iPhone it gives you the same minuites and data in Australia and New Zealand as the uk actually contracted to Vodafone and will put there sim back in the phone when I get home but in Australia they want your eyes out .

An expensive place to live these days. I hope you don't smoke.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote