Cambridge Analytica

Martin56

An expensive place to live these days. I hope you don't smoke.

No we are holiday Cory staying with some friends near Wollongong we were in Sydney yesterday cigarettes are stupid prices the Mrs smokes it is expensive here especially if you fancy a beer wages are higher but they need to be but what a place .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

No we are holiday Cory staying with some friends near Wollongong we were in Sydney yesterday cigarettes are stupid prices the Mrs smokes it is expensive here especially if you fancy a beer wages are higher but they need to be but what a place .

Try buying a weeks groceries; 200g jar of Nescafe Gold Blend £13!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Its the postage from waitrose frimley thats the killer!

On the other hand whale meat for the barbi just hit rock bottom

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The point you are all missing is this has nothing to do with facebooks privacy policy. While yes you do agree to be targeted with ads by facebook and from the apps you enable on facebook from a 3rd party. you as a single entity agree to these terms when sign up to FB and when you enable an app such as "who is your evil sidekick, what you look like as a woman, quizes etc".

What happened here are people using those stupid apps (cory im looking at you) and cambridge analytica hoovering up those users details who installed the garbage BUT the apps were also harvesting their friends info (who didnt install ghe app) when they shouldnt have. I have an agreement with facebook, not cambridge analytical. So the line "you know what you signed up for" is completely irrelevant here.

Edited by Andy_1984
  • Like 1

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

The point you are all missing is this has nothing to do with facebooks privacy policy. While yes you do agree to be targeted with ads by facebook and from the apps you enable on facebook from a 3rd party. you as a single entity agree to these terms when sign up to FB and when you enable an app such as "who is your evil sidekick, what you look like as a woman, quizes etc".

What happened here are people using those stupid apps (cory im looking at you) and cambridge analytica hoovering up those users details who installed the garbage BUT the apps were also harvesting their friends info (who didnt install ghe app) when they shouldnt have. I have an agreement with facebook, not cambridge analytical. So the line "you know what you signed up for" is completely irrelevant here.

I don't do them that often and the ones that ask for too much detail I decline. You should see my sisters wall :eek:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I don't do them that often and the ones that ask for too much detail I decline. You should see my sisters wall :eek:

My aunty is real bad for it. At one point her account started posting all on its own, pretending to be her to get people to click on links she had apparently shared, that then try to get you to install a facebook app...or rather, its more of a plugin than a mobile phone app tbf.

We twigged cause the stuff was completely out of character.

Shame on facebook for allowing them to get too far to begin with through their system.

Not a single app/plugin thing on my facebook profile. I also use the browser not the mobile app, for added paranoia.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Andy,

You obviously haven't read your "agreement" with FB. It says they are entitled to your first born child. I know, I packaged mine and sent her off. They sent her back and suggested I file a freight claim.

Phone

Yes a lot of things are expensive but the petrol is half the price of the uk and wages are much much higher all in all a fantastic place incredible to be exact the weathers briilisnt 32 dec today and no heating bills ?

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

My aunty is real bad for it. At one point her account started posting all on its own, pretending to be her to get people to click on links she had apparently shared, that then try to get you to install a facebook app...or rather, its more of a plugin than a mobile phone app tbf.

We twigged cause the stuff was completely out of character.

Shame on facebook for allowing them to get too far to begin with through their system.

Not a single app/plugin thing on my facebook profile. I also use the browser not the mobile app, for added paranoia.

My phone is to old to run the app. Tiny internal storage.

An addon that posts on your brhalf should be a big red flag.

For anyone who still hasn't figured it out:

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.