Catch reports

Si...

First outing since October - age and various infirmities kept me away from fishing, but Norma and I did toddle out for a short session on a local pond yesterday. Not a lot caught, just perch and rudd, but it was a glorious day, early spring flowers a-flowering (celandine, wood anemone, primrose and cuckoo flower). Nuthatch calling loud enough for me to hear and in the sky a red kite - they became common in West Sussex last year, but this is the furthest east we have seen one.

Thursday we had a non-fishing outing to a local reservoir and saw the first Little Ring Plover (3 birds) of the spring.

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

• 4 months later...

Just testing if my pics can be posted. A good day at a delightful venue with over 20 small fish and 12 carp like this to 10lb. I blanked yesterday on a different water so needed a result.

IMG-4024.jpg

IMG-4030.jpg

imghost

• Like 2

Yup, recognise it Mike, the one we didn't fish :).

If your having difficulty seeing your floating bait being taken at range, you could just use a self cocker, like a drennan puddle chucker float etc. I know the line comes off the bottom and might cause your line to sink and pull the bait toward the float etc, if it does just recast more often. You could even use a ruber on the top of the float, so the line comes off the top and see how it casts.

There used to be designated floats made specially for this purpose, maybe someone can point one out for you?....i've looked for them on ebay but can't see any.

Forgot to say, I don't mean the laying down self hooking things, I mean a float that stands upright and the line goes through an eye on the top and the float is weighted at the base. When a fish takes the baot the float is pulled over.

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 1

Yup, recognise it Mike, the one we didn't fish :).

If your having difficulty seeing your floating bait being taken at range, you could just use a self cocker, like a drennan puddle chucker float etc. I know the line comes off the bottom and might cause your line to sink and pull the bait toward the float etc, if it does just recast more often. You could even use a ruber on the top of the float, so the line comes off the top and see how it casts.

There used to be designated floats made specially for this purpose, maybe someone can point one out for you?....i've looked for them on ebay but can't see any.

Forgot to say, I don't mean the laying down self hooking things, I mean a float that stands upright and the line goes through an eye on the top and the float is weighted at the base. When a fish takes the baot the float is pulled over.

Heres one of these floats Tigger on the £1 fishing tackle site https://www.onepoundfishingtackle.co.uk/product/eft-carp-size-5-controller-float/

It can be either used with the line going through the eye at the top of the float or through the eye at the bottom.

NB: I have a selection of these floating bait controllers in my Carp tacklebox.

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Yup, those are the sort I mean Keith :).

Someone did them with a taller sight tip but I think the one in your link would be fine, can't argue with the price either!

I'd forgot all about that pou d shop, thank's for the reminder Keith!!

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

I didn’t fancy going on the river today as I thought it would be packed so I had a few hours after lunch on my local estate lake after a few Carp with my son Stuart.

We fished against one of the islands about 2 swims apart and had a nice peaceful afternoon sitting behind our alarms doing a bit of Carp fishing for a change.

7-BC0-B579-8335-49-E1-B743-3-B92-A4-C5-A1-F6.jpg

The Island that we both fished against

We both had a few Carp but I only took a couple of shots.

F1-D08-DC2-3-ACB-4-A2-D-A11-B-3-FF63-EB7-D0-CD.jpg

2-F7-ECE61-1349-4983-BAFA-34977988-B84-F.jpg

3-E4351-BF-B165-4-F60-BB0-C-1-F681937-BA5-F.jpg

Nothing to write home about, Stuart had the biggest at 15lb 15oz (he wouldn’t round it up by just an ounce ?);  but it was a very pleasant few hours.

Keith

image.gif

image.gif

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 3

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Nice looking carp not like those pot bellied monsters you usually see

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nice one Keith, have you got over the breakage yet ?

For for anyone who didn’t already know; while unhooking a Carp on his unhooking mat Stuart’s lead and bait accidentally slipped into the water next to him, and a big Carp took the bait within seconds and screamed away through the landing stage and his rod went CRACK!!! 

Ian, Did you notice that one of Stuart’s bite alarms in the bottom picture is a lot larger than the other?

One of his bite alarms stopped working so I gave him one of my older optonics to use. So he broke his rod and his bite alarm both on the same day ??

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Sad 1