Is the EU about to kill the internet?

Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken,

Since this is TOTALLY only one side of an issue before the EU, what's the other side?

IMO anything from the UK regarding the EU is at best suspect journalism.

Does this "Article 13" align the EU with the US new "net neutrality" (or the absence thereof) laws.

In general I believe there should net neutrality for the internet. But the goofball Trump outranks me.

It doesn't pass the "sniff test" for the EU to come up with the suggested changes without a reason??

Phone

Phone, not related to net neutrality. Related to copyright enforcement on content. EU is saying that if Elton wanted to allow us to upload our videos to this site, he would have to put in a filtering mechanism to detect and filter any copyrighted content. But the way it is being framed is - because legislators are ignoramuses - wider than that, and captures a lot of content which is problematic to detect and enforce copyright upon.

For example;

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/03/15/eu_copyright_proposal_could_limit_github_code/

It's self-interested lobbying by the corporations which hold copyright.

Ken,

Since this is TOTALLY only one side of an issue before the EU, what's the other side?

Does this "Article 13" align the EU with the US new "net neutrality" (or the absence thereof) laws.

In general I believe there should net neutrality for the internet. But the goofball Trump outranks me.

It doesn't pass the "sniff test" for the EU to come up with the suggested changes without a reason??

Phone

Okay...

Here's the same information with a North American accent:

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

All,

That's what I "thought" i had read. No Why? - no penalty - no oversight of EU, - and - as best I can see no one is bitching about infringements.

Other than Steve's explanation - ignoramuses - I can see no point. Even copyright holders have little to gain in the public domain.

Reminds me of our "no guns beyond this point" laws. To comply the person putting up the sign has to jump through hoops to protect me without my gun. Totally off subject. I just think there cannot possibility of any sort of real world profit from such nonsense.

Phone

Ken,

Phone

Generally anything ruled against by the ruling class is done to stop the ruling classes actions being seen ,the same goes for trying to hinder the 'free' (haha) press ,if a person in power is caught fiddling the books or perhaps fiddling with kids the press cannot report it without severe penalties

Trying to control the internet is just another step ,luckily though thought police are not here yet but i have many years ago been stopped ,searched ,details taken for "thinking" of going up a street the wrong way by our police

Using reasons to 'protect' us is generally reasons to protect them! Why would they give a crap about anyone not them?

The ruling classes dont need 'reasons' to do things they need excuses to do them ,i have often wondered about new laws brought out every year how many let us do things compared to stop us doing things?

Labour brought in 3000+ 'anti terror' laws (with a couple of days to haggle over them in parliament) the first person arrested using them was a pensioner heckling the labour party

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson