The Dawn of the End of P.C?

Martin56

......but none of them physically, or mentally, affect me.

John.

Except the Angling Trust it seems you damned hamPster lover.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Except the Angling Trust it seems you damned hamPster lover.

The Angling Trusts existence annoys, and disappoints me HV, but I'm not offended by it. B)

I knew many were missing Barrys postings, so I thought I'd mention one of his favourite topics.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

While I was in a Hospital waiting room with my 91 year old Mum Wednesday just gone. (she was there for a renal ultrasound scan)

A young black woman was there with her 3 children.

The youngest was sat on her lap, & she was singing that now frowned upon (By the PC Brigade) Nursery Rhyme -

Baa Baa Black Sheep - have you any wool?? over & over again.

Seems like we're being told by some what we should find offensive & not what actually is!!

Also seems that yes, the Black community make the connection, but choose to Ignore it simply because its just a Nice Song!!

I'm pretty sure that at the time of composition, the Rhyme had NO racist conertations whatsoever??

(I'm waiting to be corrected on that bit - enter corry??)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Offence is like pain, it's specific to the individual. Just as you can not tell someone else how much pain they feel, so you can't tell anyone else how much offense they should take.

If I find something offensive, then I will be offended to one degree or another. How offended I feel is entirely up to me and no one else can or should dictate how offended I should be.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Offence is like pain, it's specific to the individual. Just as you can not tell someone else how much pain they feel, so you can't tell anyone else how much offense they should take.

If I find something offensive, then I will be offended to one degree or another. How offended I feel is entirely up to me and no one else can or should dictate how offended I should be.

If offense is specific to an individual Dave, then how can you avoid offending someone? This then begs the question, how can you legislate against offending a person?

Before you act to cause someone physical pain, you know the consequences of that action, ie, pain to a certain degree. For the same to be said for offense, then you have to understand the mind of the individuals in hear shot, which is impossible. I can understand a situation where someone might take offense at an insult made specifically to them, but if offense is specific to an individual, there might be no offense taken. This also applies where no offense is intended, but it's perceived as such by others.

Although I did generalise too much in my earlier post, sorry, I still believe that, to many, being offended is a choice, maybe not a fully conscious choice to some, but a choice non the less.

On my rare visits to (so called), social media sites, I've seen how people feign offense for the reasons I mentioned in my earlier post. It's almost as if they feel it's their duty to be offended, to help or support an individual, or cause.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Okay, so here is something I don't understand..

Yes, the west enslaved Blacks from Africa... a nasty thing to do but it was done.. We hear about it every day all the present day people who are suffering...from what i cannot work out because if I doubt they'll want to go back to their heritage.

I wasn't alive when slavery was happening and the moaning shitehawks weren't either.. SO if I have to have it in my ears about how bad my Country was when are they going to turn their attentions to Italy?

The Roman empire enslaved on a scale to put the 1619-1860 slavery era to zero and yet why aren't they attacking Italy??

What about the Persians, they enslaved. Native Americans enslaved. Even the damned Zulus enslaved defeated opponents or killed them...

My country wasn't the only one and it happened how long ago??

Time the damn chip was removed.

• Like 1

Okay, so here is something I don't understand..

Yes, the west enslaved Blacks from Africa... a nasty thing to do but it was done.. We hear about it every day all the present day people who are suffering...from what i cannot work out because if I doubt they'll want to go back to their heritage.

I wasn't alive when slavery was happening and the moaning shitehawks weren't either.. SO if I have to have it in my ears about how bad my Country was when are they going to turn their attentions to Italy?

The Roman empire enslaved on a scale to put the 1619-1860 slavery era to zero and yet why aren't they attacking Italy??

What about the Persians, they enslaved. Native Americans enslaved. Even the damned Zulus enslaved defeated opponents or killed them...

My country wasn't the only one and it happened how long ago??

Time the damn chip was removed.

Slavery is alive and well in the uk and everywhere else just their not as easy to spot as blacks in chains were

Its not just slavery giving people power the blacks also bring up african americans vs jamaicans and the rest of the indies ,why not just call themselves americans ? They use the past as a lever for sympathy or extra rights over the many

Colour gets you anywhere try starting up a white police association and hear the outcry! Now admitting your white english appears to be racist against the rest of the world!

Its all a bit strange ,how much is a holiday in jamaica ? Lots i presume yet some moan they were given a free trip with lots of their mates (probably sold to the whites by arabs or other black mates) then given jobs and huts to boot and as much sugar as they needed ,you probably get more hassel flying to spain and you pay for that!

The working conditions wernt up to modern standards but 5 year old working in mills here probably would give their remaining tooth for the better climate

Then ofcourse we were sending white slaves for stealing grass or a few leaves to australia to live in hell but the australians are proud of it ,the only chips they have start barbies to throw poms on!

We were still sending slaves to OZ in the 50's and onwards for being kids of 'delinquents'

Unfortunately there seems to be a preponderance of loud mouthed idiots who appear to delight to be offended on behalf of others! Even if the others appear not to be

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All,

Confession, I am liberal

White folks need to deny that race exists, or that today racism is even taking place, showing signs defensiveness, outraged anger, projecting hatred and racists outlooks onto others, being resentful and retaliate when these subjects are brought to their attention, behaving in unfair manners, due to having subconscious negative feelings, exhibiting non-verbal communication , i.e., uncomfortable staring, judging, intense criticism, being standoffish, disrespectful, accusing, and having a burning desire to be in power and to lead, without reason are examples of learned our behavior.

Having suggested this might be true I would propose whites are still suffering from superiority complexes, are still behaving as watchmen, and overseers, like their on stereotype plantations. The average White seems to suffer from covert narcissism and a need to be in charge of the former slaves. I know I often find myself in this situation. Without realizing it this contributes towards the negative perspective that most whites have of Blacks. There must be a reason,no denying, there certainly is a systematic oppression of black people and other ethnic groups. Or it may be that we are just herding animals and feel most comfortable with other cows the same color.

Phone

• Like 1

All,

Confession, I am liberal

White folks need to deny that race exists, or that today racism is even taking place, showing signs defensiveness, outraged anger, projecting hatred and racists outlooks onto others, being resentful and retaliate when these subjects are brought to their attention, behaving in unfair manners, due to having subconscious negative feelings, exhibiting non-verbal communication , i.e., uncomfortable staring, judging, intense criticism, being standoffish, disrespectful, accusing, and having a burning desire to be in power and to lead, without reason are examples of learned our behavior.

Having suggested this might be true I would propose whites are still suffering from superiority complexes, are still behaving as watchmen, and overseers, like their on stereotype plantations. The average White seems to suffer from covert narcissism and a need to be in charge of the former slaves. I know I often find myself in this situation. Without realizing it this contributes towards the negative perspective that most whites have of Blacks. There must be a reason,no denying, there certainly is a systematic oppression of black people and other ethnic groups. Or it may be that we are just herding animals and feel most comfortable with other cows the same color.

Phone

A lot of generalisations there Phone, and I suggest it's seen from the perspective of one who lives your side of the pond, and who has often been in charge of people during their working life.

It would be stupid to try and deny racism existed, any more than it would that discrimination of any kind exists. It would be just as stupid to believe that racism is a 'one way street'. I have been the 'victim' of racism, because I am white, being 'advised' to leave the premises, or suffer the physical consequences. I see that, as the actions of a particular group, not black people as a whole.

I believe that discrimination on the grounds of a persons colour was generally becoming less and less acceptable from the 70s onwards, until mass immigration stirred it up again, and then old prejudices resurfaced, and spread. I feel the same happened with regards to homosexuality, (not a mass influx of gays, but an extremely loud, pro-active, in your face, campaign to try and force people to change). I believe that it takes time for a society to understand and change their views, but if you try and force that change over a relatively short period of time, then you get resistance, and resentment, and you put the whole thing back for years.

There will always be bigots who will find a way to spread their bile, but if things are allowed to change gradually, and without too much interference, then a more permanent tolerance, and acceptance will win the day.

John.

• Like 2

gozzer,

Perception is everything. I thought I was being a little to specific. The truth is that unless parents actively teach kids not to be racists, they will be racists. It seems bias and racism are more immutable and biologically determined than we once thought. Turns out an us vs them mentality is unfortunately a really basic part of our biology.

If we limit racism to “an ideology of racial domination”, in which the presumed biological or cultural superiority of one or more racial groups is used to justify or prescribe the inferior treatment or social position(s) of other racial groups. I think, just me, because the “sun never sits on the British Empire” mentality you are the most predigest culture I have ever come in contact with regardless of ethnicity. British first is more a way of life in England than it is anywhere else I’ve visited – even Japan. You Brits just are.

Antidotal examples of being "afraid" in particular situations does not meet the standard for defining racism.

Phone