Dangerous Dogs!

Martin56

I've seen owners with less Brains than these dogs!! - Thick as **** & on the same bus as me. :o

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Is this prompted by something that's happened or something in the news?
We have very little problem with these dogs locally but when I lived in Birmingham, there were a few morons with dogs that obviously fall within the provisions of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and they're never muzzled and never neutered and I've never heard of a dog being seized and destroyed.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The Dangerous Dogs act is the biggest piece of knee jerk, ill informed nonsense ever. The "government" had to be seen to be doing something, regardless of whether it was the correct thing

Dogs are not inherently dangerous, unless they are made so by owners ignorance or possibly their intent.

A perfectly innocent Staffie could be lifted off the street by people who know nothing about it, locked up or even destroyed because it "looks like a pit bull"

It is the irresponsible owners who should be lifted off the street.

• Like 2

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

An employee of mine had a tosa probably the most soft and thick dog on earth.

I had planted approx 85 box trees in a dead straight line exactly 6" apart ,i was engrossed in my work but once i rolled my fag and looked to the left the daft dog had pulled up 50 or so for the blood fish and bone i was using as fertilizer .

I shouted but the dog was so thick it didnt realise it was doing something wrong lol.

Strangly i didnt have a problem with that dog but mistrust Rottweiler's some have a weird streak (AHAs manager had 2 one was ok the other i had him lock up when i was about) and having had both staffies and a doberman i got bitten more by the mrs terrier!

Its not all owner problems dogs are pack animals if the leader drags you to the floor then any around will join in and despite being 'tame' theres an awful lot of wild just under the surface just waiting to be triggered

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The Dangerous Dogs act is the biggest piece of knee jerk, ill informed nonsense ever. The "government" had to be seen to be doing something, regardless of whether it was the correct thing

Dogs are not inherently dangerous, unless they are made so by owners ignorance or possibly their intent.

A perfectly innocent Staffie could be lifted off the street by people who know nothing about it, locked up or even destroyed because it "looks like a pit bull"

When you take an animal that is already predatory and selectively breed it to increase, muscle mass, head size, bite force, overall size and aggressiveness, the dog becomes inherently dangerous in the same way that Africanised honey bees are inherently dangerous.

As for innocent staffies, there's no such thing. They are bred for fighting and if their owners chose to cross breed them to produce leggier offspring or allow them to get over a set weight they make them a "Pitt-Bull type" and tough titty if they are destroyed.

Edited by Ken L
  • Like 1

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Good idea, but a policy of "put down the owners, rehabilitate the dogs" wouldn't get past our snowflake politicians. Allied to which, such breeds being discussed here are inherently dangerous for the reasons Ken states and rehabilitation may be impractical if not impossible

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Sportsman,

I'm afraid you are a crowd of one with the statement """"Dogs are not inherently dangerous""""". There is room for some modification in your position.

Vagabond, with Texas relatives, will confirm, under many circumstances it is indeed far easier to shoot a person than a dog on this side of the pond. With a person on the attack you can plead self defense. No defense for shooting "a man's dog"

Phone

It's tempting to post video of what these dogs can and do do to people but I'm not going to - there are plenty of uncensored video sites like LiveLeak if you need to see it.
Its not like being bitten by some snappy little lapdog.

It's more like being eaten by a bear.

It's interesting how which breeds of dogs are inherently dangerous changes with which breeds of dogs are fashionable with idiots.

When was the last time you saw a Rottweiler or a Dobermann?

They aren't attacking people because they simply don't exist in the mumbers they did in the 80's or 90's.