Something chesters1 might find of interest.

corydoras

I will take a look tonight ,how things change

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Interesting :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

It was ,i used to nick lots of proto boards from the skips round the uni for their components and though not so unigue a fair few had been in space and retrieved (some i etched) now they all have to be 'recycled' at huge costs so the company doing it can chuck them in their skips or more probably indian bound containers ,lost count of the gateway 17" monitors i flogged when they upgraded lol

And everyone taken home in a huge bag on my cub 90 ,recycling the proper and clean way!

Another bit of viewing (i think cory found him aswell) is some awfull voiced austrailian ,who 'lab' is full to the top with ancient equiptment (probably for decoration most are so old the think they were used for is obselete) he does find some very interesting gizmos skip diving ,is it only the uk that follow silly rules?

Enjoy the memory for it!

http://www.computerhistory.org/timeline/1969/#169ebbe2ad45559efbc6eb35720d224e

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It was ,i used to nick lots of proto boards from the skips round the uni for their components and though not so unigue a fair few had been in space and retrieved (some i etched) now they all have to be 'recycled' at huge costs so the company doing it can chuck them in their skips or more probably indian bound containers ,lost count of the gateway 17" monitors i flogged when they upgraded lol

And everyone taken home in a huge bag on my cub 90 ,recycling the proper and clean way!

Another bit of viewing (i think cory found him aswell) is some awfull voiced austrailian ,who 'lab' is full to the top with ancient equiptment (probably for decoration most are so old the think they were used for is obselete) he does find some very interesting gizmos skip diving ,is it only the uk that follow silly rules?

Enjoy the memory for it!

http://www.computerhistory.org/timeline/1969/#169ebbe2ad45559efbc6eb35720d224e

Yeah, I know who you mean. Like you say he has a voice that is very irritating but he does find some cool kit in skips.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Chesters1,

No sense starting another "For Chesters1 thread". This one is for is metal detecting penchant.

You put up a map site showing previous configurations of paths that are potentially coin and artifact rich. There are similar maps of Kansas in the historical archives. I've not seen them but I'm sure the same would be true for Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, New,Mexico, etc.

Here's how I'll get you to the colonies. The high plains had many towns that came and went between 1825 - 1908. Almost all similar, a long main street with wooden sidewalks. The wooden sidewalks of course were slotted. Many detector hobbyists have followed the main Oregon, San Francisco or California trails and the communities. They are still reasonably well marked with wagon ruts. Few of the "off trail" towns have been searched. Coins dropped on the sidewalks that went between the cracks were difficult if not totally unrecoverable. The distance a party could travel averaged about 12 miles a day. A mid-day station was about 6 miles apart. Should someone dedicate themselves to working history the average is about 3 objects per meter. None older than 1823 gold and silver.

Phone

Edited by Phone

Chesters1,

No sense starting another "For Chesters1 thread". This one is for is metal detecting penchant.

You put up a map site showing previous configurations of paths that are potentially coin and artifact rich. There are similar maps of Kansas in the historical archives. I've not seen them but I'm sure the same would be true for Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, New,Mexico, etc.

Here's how I'll get you to the colonies. The high plains had many towns that came and went between 1825 - 1908. Almost all similar, a long main street with wooden sidewalks. The wooden sidewalks of course were slotted. Many detector hobbyists have followed the main Oregon, San Francisco or California trails and the communities. They are still reasonably well marked with wagon ruts. Few of the "off trail" towns have been searched. Coins dropped on the sidewalks that went between the cracks were difficult if not totally unrecoverable. The distance a party could travel averaged about 12 miles a day. A mid-day station was about 6 miles apart. Should someone dedicate themselves to working history the average is about 3 objects per meter. None older than 1823 gold and silver.

Phone

yes even you have coins ,lots of vids on youtube showing detectorists looking in what was cellars in old homesteads ,a great number of nails though from what was the building that stood above it.

another guy found an old school and squeezed underneath and found lots of stuff.

this is my daughters favourite but hes a christian overkill for me but theres a girl occasionally but he still detects rather than romp so could be gay aswell (his choice but a chance missed)

https://m.youtube.com/user/nuggetnoggin/videos

perhaps they romp pre and post recording? very enthusiastic chap

Edited by chesters1

Chesters1,

Even the "nails" have a history. Hand forged examples are very collectible. I had a pal (rip) that collected the history of glass panes in the westward movement. It's a wonderful story that few know.

Phone

yes even you have coins ,lots of vids on youtube showing detectorists looking in what was cellars in old homesteads ,a great number of nails though from what was the building that stood above it.

another guy found an old school and squeezed underneath and found lots of stuff.

this is my daughters favourite but hes a christian overkill for me but theres a girl occasionally but he still detects rather than romp so could be gay aswell (his choice but a chance missed)

https://m.youtube.com/user/nuggetnoggin/videos

perhaps they romp pre and post recording? very enthusiastic chap

Not too bright is he. He finds a badge with 1900 stamped on it. "I guess that's when it's from"..

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Not too bright is he. He finds a badge with 1900 stamped on it. "I guess that's when it's from"..

hope he doesnt find anything over 6,000 years old that will really screw him up ,hes what you call amiable lol

They can find rarities even in such a 'new ' country i have seen a few 8 reals found in vidsplus plenty of skinkin lincons lol i think our modern rusting one and two pence would drive them crazy as they do me ,even ten p's are faling appart (use a magnet on your small change)

Edited by chesters1